Saturday night: Playoff points to watch
May, 7, 2011
By ESPN.com | ESPN.com
No. 5 Nashville Predators at No. 1 Vancouver Canucks (Canucks lead 3-1), 8 p.m. ET
- Ryan Kesler scored three goals in the past two games. He had three goals in his previous 32 postseason games, according to Elias.
- Sergei Kostitsyn, Martin Erat and Patric Hornqvist, the Predators' top-three scorers in the regular season with 61 goals and 148 points, have yet to score a goal in the second round, combining for just three assists.
- Vancouver blew a 3-0 series lead in the first round against the Blackhawks and didn't knock out the champs until overtime of Game 7.
- Canucks captain Henrik Sedin scored into an empty net with 21 seconds left in Game 4 on Thursday. It was the only time either team had led by more than one goal in this low-scoring series.
- This was the Predators first appearance in the Western Conference semifinals in the franchise's 12-year history.