Sunday's game: Playoff points to watch
May, 8, 2011
By ESPN Stats & Information | ESPN.com
No. 3 Detroit Red Wings at No. 2 San Jose Sharks (Sharks lead 3-1), 8 p.m. ET
- All four games in the series have been decided by one goal.
- In last season's conference semifinals meeting, the Sharks won the first three games, lost Game 4 in Detroit and then won Game 5. This season, the series has followed the same path through Game 4.
- The Sharks are trying to advance to their second straight Western Conference finals. Prior to 2010, the Sharks had made one conference finals appearance.
- Since 2007, there's been at least one team to reach back-to-back Western Conference finals.
- San Jose’s Patrick Marleau had five points in the first round against the Los Angeles Kings, but has zero points versus the Red Wings.
- The Red Wings have had at least 40 shots on goal in each of the past two games. They haven't posted at least 40 shots in three consecutive games since Games 2-4 of the 2009 conference semifinals against the Anaheim Ducks.
- The Sharks are 6-1-0 in their past seven home games versus the Red Wings, including the playoffs.
- Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard has a 2.67 career postseason goals-against average; it is the highest among Red Wings goalies since Mike Babcock took over as coach in 2005-06.