Sunday: Playoff points to watch
May, 15, 2011
By ESPN Stats & Information | ESPN.com
No. 2 San Jose at No. 1 Vancouver, 8 p.m. ET
- The Canucks are playing in their first conference finals since 1994.
- Ryan Kesler had 11 points in the series against Nashville, one shy of Pavel Bure's record set in 1995 for most points in a single series for Vancouver.
- The Canucks have won six straight Game 1s.
- Vancouver has five players averaging at least 23 minutes of ice time in the postseason. The other three remaining teams have a total of five players averaging that much in ice time.
- The Sharks have lost six straight conference finals games.
- Sharks rookie Logan Couture has a four-game goal-scoring streak. Since 1999, the only other NHL rookie to score goals in four consecutive games in one playoff year was the Capitals’ Nicklas Backstrom in 2008, according to Elias Sports.
- Roberto Luongo is the fourth goaltender in the NHL expansion era (since 1968) to record a Game 1 shutout in each of his team’s first two series in one postseason. The others to do it: Pittsburgh’s Ron Tugnutt in 2000, Toronto’s Curtis Joseph in 2000 and Tampa Bay’s Nikolai Khabibulin in 2004, says Elias.
- Kesler is the first player in Canucks’ history to record four consecutive multiple-point games in one postseason.