Cup finals, Game 2: Playoff points to watch
June, 4, 2011
By ESPN Stats & Information | ESPN.com
Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks (Canucks lead 1-0), 8 p.m. ET
- Teams that have gone up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup finals since expansion in the 1967-68 season have gone on to win the series 25 of 27 times.
- The team that wins Game 1 has won the Stanley Cup 77.5 percent of the time (55-16). When the home team has won Game 1, it went on to win the Cup 88.3 percent of the time (44-7).
- Since the NHL went to a seven-game series in all four rounds in 1987, no team has won at least two Game 7s before reaching the Cup finals and gone on to win the title. The Bruins have already won two Game 7s.
- Boston has lost its last five Stanley Cup finals appearances. Only Philadelphia (six straight) has a longer losing streak.
- The Bruins have lost their last eight Stanley Cup finals appearances against Canadian teams and they are 1-10 all time against Canadian teams.