Monday, December 31, 2012
Morning Links: Bryzgalov leaves KHL team
• Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov is returning from Russia but there is some questions as to whether it's because he feels the lockout is over or because his shenanigans have worn out his welcome, reports the Philadelphia Daily News.
• With a lineup stacked with NHLers, Canada won its first Spengler Cup since 2007, reports the Canadian Press.
• Time is running out for the NHL and its players to save a 48-game season, a league executive told the Globe and Mail.
• Lightning winger J.T. Brown broke his collarbone while playing in the AHL and could be out for up to two months, reports the Tampa Bay Times.
• Flyers center Danny Briere injured his wrist while playing in Germany late last week and could be sidelined for up to two weeks, reports the Philadelphia Daily News.