Thursday, April 11, 2013
Morning jam: What's up, Ducks?
Avalanche 4, Ducks 1
* Avalanche: 1st regulation road win in the last 15 road games (1-11-3 in those games)
* Gabriel Landeskog (COL): 8th goal of season (snaps 7-game pointless streak)
* Teemu Selanne (ANA): 11th goal of season (4th-most on team)
Rangers 3, Maple Leafs 2 (SO)
* Mats Zuccarello (NYR): deciding shootout goal; 6-12 in career shootout attempts
* Henrik Lundqvist (NYR): 7-2-1 in last 10 home starts
* Phil Kessel (TOR): 2 goals; 6 points in last 3 games
* Carl Hagelin & Ryan McDonagh (NYR): goal and assist each
FROM ELIAS: Phil Kessel scored both goals for the Maple Leafs in their shootout loss to the Rangers at Madison Square Garden, two days after he ended a personal nine-game goal drought by scoring twice in the Leafs’ win at Toronto in the first game of their home-and-home set against the Rangers. It’s the first time that a Toronto player has scored two or more goals in each of two consecutive team games since Kessel did so in October 2011. That’s also the only other time Kessel registered back-to-back multi-goal games in his seven-season NHL career.
Bruins 5, Devils 4
* Gregory Campbell (BOS): 2 goals; 4th-career multi-goal game
* teams combined to score 3 short-handed goals (2 by Bruins)
* Bruins: 3-0-0 vs NJ this season (won 7 straight vs NJ overall)
* Devils: 0-4-4 in past 8 games
FROM ELIAS: Bruins forwards Daniel Paille and Gregory Campbell scored shorthanded goals 3:21 apart in the first period of the Bruins’ 5–4 win over the Devils in Newark. They were the fastest two shorthanded goals by one team in an NHL game since Feb. 18, 2012, when the Penguins’ Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke scored a pair of shorthanded markers in a 1:43 span. Before Wednesday’s game, the last time the Bruins tallied multiple shorthanded goals so quickly was exactly three years earlier (April 10, 2010), when they scored three shorties in a 1:04 span against Carolina (Paille and Blake Wheeler 49 seconds apart, and then Steve Begin with a third SHG 15 seconds later).
Canucks 4, Flames 1
* Canucks: Scored last 4 goals of the game (3 in 3rd period)
* Canucks: Won 4 straight and 10 of last 12 games
* Flames: Lost 6 of last 7 games