Friday, January 24, 2014
Pominville has the Blackhawks' number
Wild 2, Blackhawks 1
* Jason Pominville (MIN): 20th goal this season (20+ goals in seven of last eight seasons).
* Jason Pominville (MIN): four goals, assist in four games vs. Blackhawks this season.
* Wild: improve to 3-1-0 vs Blackhawks this season .
* Patrick Kane (CHI): 24th goal this season (snaps 11-game streak without a goal).
Blue Jackets 5, Flyers 2
* Blue Jackets: win team-record eighth straight game; outscored opponents 33-17 during win streak.
* Blue Jackets: 1000th game in Columbus franchise history.
* Blue Jackets: 12-7-1 in the Metropolitan Division, while Flyers are 9-8-3.
Penguins 6, Islanders 4
* Penguins: 7-1-1 in last 9 games.
* Penguins: have won four straight road games against the Islanders, 3-1 overall vs. Islanders this season.
* Sidney Crosby (PIT) goal, two assists; has scored at least one point in 10 of his last 12 games.
* Chris Kunitz (PIT) goal, two assists; ties season high with three points.
From Elias: Sidney Crosby has registered 14 games of three or more points against the Islanders, his highest total versus any team, by far. The only other teams he’s done that against even half as many times are the Flyers (10) and Bruins (8).
Blues 2, Rangers 1
* Blues: 2-0 vs Rangers this season.
* Kevin Shattenkirk (STL): game-winning goal, second goal in last three games (he's a native of New Rochelle, N.Y., approximately 20 miles from New York City).
* Rick Nash (NYR): scored at least one goal in four straight games; has 10 goals in last 10 games
* Jaroslav Halak (STL): season-high 34 saves
From Elias: Kevin Shattenkirk has scored eight goals this season and four of them have been game-winners. That’s as many game-winning goals as Shattenkirk scored in his previous four seasons in the NHL combined
Stars 7, Maple Leafs 1
From Elias: Valeri Nichushkin became the fourth player in Stars franchise history to score two goals in a game as an 18-year-old. The only other players with multiple-goal games at age 18 for the franchise were Brian Bellows (four times in 1982–83), Brian Lawton (once in 1983–84) and Dave Archibald (twice in 1987–88).