Monday, April 18, 2011
Monday's games: Playoff points to watch
By ESPN Stats & Information
No. 2 Flyers versus No. 7 Sabres, 7 p.m. ET
- There was one combined goal scored in Game 1; in Game 2, there were a combined nine goals, six in the first period alone.
- Sabres goalie Ryan Miller was 3-0 at home versus the Flyers in the 2006 conference quarterfinals.
- Miller has 13 home playoff wins since 2006, tied with Evgeni Nabokov for fourth in the NHL during that span.
- Flyers goalie Brian Boucher was 3-5 on the road in the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Flyers goalie Sergei Bobrovsky is 0-3-2 in his past seven games dating back to the regular season.
- Philly veteran forward Danny Briere has eight game-winning goals in the playoffs since 2008, second in the NHL over that span (Detroit’s Johan Franzen has nine).
No. 3 Bruins versus No. 6 Canadiens, 7:30 p.m. ET
- The Canadiens have scored first, and quickly, in the first two games of this series -- 2:44 into Game 1 and 43 seconds into Game 2.
- Tonight’s game is the first meeting between the teams in Montreal since Max Pacioretty suffered a concussion and a fractured vertebra after getting hit into a padded stanchion by Boston defenseman Zdeno Chara.
- The Bruins have lost six straight postseason games dating back to last season's conference semifinal collapse versus the Flyers.
- The Bruins have never come back from 2-0 series deficit.
- Boston has been held to three goals or less in each of its past 11 games dating back to the regular season (5-5-1 over that span).
- The last time the Canadiens lost a 2-0 series lead was in the 2006 conference quarterfinals against the Carolina Hurricanes, who went on to win the Stanley Cup.
No. 4 Pens versus No. 5 Lightning, 7:30 p.m. ET
- The Penguins are 0-13 on the power play in the series.
- Pittsburgh is averaging 2.33 goals per game since Sidney Crosby last played on Jan. 5. Only the Kings have a lower average among current playoff teams over that span (2.29).
- Pittsburgh’s James Neal has one goal in 22 games, including the playoffs, since coming to the Penguins via trade; he had 21 goals in 59 games with the Dallas Stars prior to trade.
- The Lightning won both home games versus the Penguins during the regular season.
- Tampa Bay has lost its last two series when it is tied at 1 and is 1-4 in playoff home games since winning Game 7 of the 2004 Stanley Cup finals.
- The Lightning’s Eric Brewer and Simon Gagne each have three points in the series to lead the team in scoring.
No. 3 Red Wings versus No. 6 Coyotes, 10:30 p.m. ET
- Detroit’s Pavel Datsyuk has eight goals and 10 assists in his past 14 playoff games, while Franzen has nine game-winning postseason goals since 2008, most in the NHL over that span.
- The last time the Red Wings were up 2-0 in a series was in the 2009 Stanley Cup finals. They eventually lost in seven games to the Penguins.
- The Coyotes have never rallied back from a 2-0 hole to win a series (they are 0-7 in that scenario).
- Phoenix captain Shane Doan is one goal away from becoming the fifth player in Coyotes/Jets history with 10 career postseason goals.
- The Coyotes have lost three straight home games against the Red Wings in last season’s conference quarterfinals.