Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Tuesday's games: Playoff points to watch
By ESPN Stats & Information
- The Lightning have won five straight playoff games and are up 2-0 in a series for the second time in team history.
- The last time the Capitals lost the first two games of a series at home was the 2009 conference quarterfinals, in which they went on the beat the Rangers in seven games.
- Tampa Bay has 10 power-play goals this postseason, most in the NHL. The Bolts also have killed 45 of 46 power plays this postseason after ranking eighth in penalty-kill percentage during the regular season.
- In Game 2, 41-year-old Dwayne Roloson became the fifth goaltender in NHL history to win a playoff overtime game at 40 or older.
- Alex Ovechkin has scored a goal every other game this postseason, but he scored in Game 2.
- A golf course in British Columbia named "Predator Ridge" has been renamed "Canucks Ridge" for Vancouver's playoff run.
- Tonight's game is the first conference semifinals game ever played in Nashville.
- Henrik Sedin has not scored a goal in his past 11 playoff games, while he and brother Daniel have been held without a point in their past three games.
- Pekka Rinne has a 1.53 goals-against average and a .940 save percentage since losing Game 4 of the conference quarterfinals to the Ducks, 6-3.
- The Predators have tied a game in the final 90 seconds of regulation twice this postseason, with both goals scored by a defenseman -- Shea Weber in Game 5 against the Ducks and Ryan Suter in Game 2 against the Canucks.
- Three of Vancouver's past four playoff games have gone into overtime. They are 1-2 in those games.