Monday, May 23, 2011
Monday's game: Playoff points to watch
By ESPN Stats & Information
Tampa Bay at Boston (series tied at 2), 8 p.m. ET
- This is the first Eastern Conference finals that has been tied after four games since 2006, when the Buffalo Sabres and Carolina Hurricanes were tied at 2. The Hurricanes won the series in seven games and went on to win the Stanley Cup (also in seven against Edmonton).
- Tampa Bay was in a similar situation in the 2004 conference finals against Philadelphia. With the series tied at 2, the Lightning won Game 5 and the series in seven.
- The Lightning have scored five goals in four of their past five games. (They were shut out in the other game, Game 3 versus Boston.)
- The Bruins are 4-for-31 (12.9 percent) on power play at home and 0-for-21 on the road.
- Boston is 7-0 this postseason when forward Patrice Bergeron gets an assist.
- In the 2011 playoffs, Boston goalie Tim Thomas is 2-0 in games after a performance in which he has allowed at least four goals.
- Lightning goalie Mike Smith has stopped all 29 shots he has faced in two career playoff appearances, both coming in relief of Dwayne Roloson in the East finals.
- Tampa Bay’s Sean Bergenheim has nine goals this postseason, one shy of becoming the third Lightning player to reach 10 goals in a postseason. The other two players were Ruslan Fedotenko and Brad Richards, who each scored 12 goals in the 2004 playoffs.
- Thomas and Roloson have been shaky after having strong second-round performances: