Friday, May 27, 2011
Game 7: Playoff points to watch
By ESPN Stats & Information
- Since the NHL went to a seven-game series in all four rounds, no team has won two Game 7s in advancing to the Stanley Cup finals, then won the title. Both Boston and Tampa Bay already have won a Game 7 this postseason.
- Six of the past seven teams to win Game 7 of the conference finals went on to win the Stanley Cup.
- Since the conference finals system began in 1982, 12 series have advanced to a Game 7, with the home team winning eight times.
- The Lightning are 3-2 all-time in Game 7s and are one of three teams to have never lost a Game 7, along with the Minnesota Wild and the Florida Panthers.
- The Bruins will be playing in two Game 7s in one postseason for the first time in team history.
- In 2004, the Lightning won Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Flyers on their way to taking home the Stanley Cup. Pavel Kubina, Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis were on that Tampa Bay team, while Simon Gagne was playing for Philadelphia.
- This is the first Game 7 in a conference finals series since 2006 (the Hurricanes defeated the Sabres). Bruins forward Mark Recchi was on that Carolina team.