Monday, June 6, 2011
Cup finals, Game 3: Playoff points to watch
By ESPN Stats & Information
- Every Stanley Cup finals series since the lockout ended in 2005 has seen the home team take a 2-0 series lead. The 2009 Red Wings are the only ones that lost the series.
- Since the 1967-68 season, only two teams have blown a 2-0 series lead in the Cup finals (2009 Red Wings, 1971 Blackhawks). In NHL history, teams are 42-4 when leading the Cup finals 2-0.
- The Bruins are 2-for-35 on the power play on the road this postseason and 6-for-70 overall.
- The game-winning goal by Alex Burrows in Game 2 was the second wrap around goal for the Canucks this postseason and the third open-net goal allowed by Tim Thomas. Thomas is tied for the most open-net goals allowed this postseason.
- The Canucks struggled to find offensive rhythm in Game 2 with the man advantage. On their first power-play, they scored despite having the puck in the offensive zone for 55.6 percent of the time. On their second power play, they had the puck in the offensive zone for 35.7 percent of the time.