Friday, June 10, 2011
Cup finals, Game 5: Playoff points to watch
By ESPN Stats & Information
- The Bruins outscored the Canucks 12-1 in the past two games. This is the largest goal differential in a two-game span in Stanley Cup finals history, according to Elias.
- For the third straight year, the home team has won the first four games of the Cup finals.
- Tim Thomas has 14 wins this postseason, a single-season playoff record for the Bruins.
- Roberto Luongo has been pulled three times in the playoffs. He allowed 12 goals on 58 shots in Games 3 and 4 after allowing two goals on 66 shots in Games 1 and 2.
- The Canucks are now 1-for-21 on the power play this series.
- Brand Marchand's eight goals ties the record for most goals in a single postseason by a Bruins rookie (Bob Joyce in 1988, Mike Krushelnyski in 1983), according to Elias.
- In Game 5s in his career, Thomas has a 0.67 goals-against average, a .977 save percentage and is undefeated.