Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Cup finals Game 7: One tough ticket
With the Stanley Cup finals going to a decisive Game 7, the demand for tickets to Wednesday night's game increased significantly on StubHub.
- The most expensive ticket purchased on StubHub for Game 7 was $7,800. A Florida buyer bought two tickets ($7,800 each) for Club 107, Row 1.
- The least expensive ticket purchased was $620. A buyer from Vancouver bought two tickets ($620 each) before the playoffs even began.
- The least expensive ticket available on StubHub Wednesday cost $1,999.99 for the upper bowl. The most expensive ticket was listed for $17,999.99 for the lower bowl.
- On Tuesday, the average price paid for a Game 7 ticket was $2,749.
- The average price paid for Game 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup finals in Detroit was $746. The average price paid for Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals in Los Angeles was $1,316.
- The average price paid for a ticket to the last four Super Bowls: $3,559 (Dallas), $2,386 (Miami), $2,402 (Tampa) and $3,536 (Arizona).
- Buyers from 28 states and provinces have bought tickets to tonight's game. Canadians make up 64 percent of buyers and New Englanders account for 10 percent of buyers.
- While a very small number of tickets exchanged hands on StubHub for last year's Olympic men's hockey gold-medal game, the average price of a ticket was $3,427.