Avalanche 1, Blues 0 (F/OT)
* Avalanche: 7th straight home win vs Blues
* David Jones (COL): GW goal in OT (3 of his 5 points this season have come in last 2 games)
* Blues: 3-game road win streak snapped
FROM ELIAS: David Jones scored with 17 seconds remaining in overtime to give the Avalanche a 1–0 home win over the Blues. Jones has scored six overtime goals since New Year’s Day 2011, the most by any NHL player. Steven Stamkos, who has five, is in second place over that span.
Kings 3, Flames 1
Kings: 4th straight win at Flames
Kings: 4-1-0 in last 5 games
Flames: scored 2 or fewer goals in 5 of last 7 games
Flyers 6, Penguins 5
* Flyers: won 6 of last 7 games in Pittsburgh
* Jakub Voracek (PHI): 1st career hat trick (including game-winner with 1:31 left); both multi-goal games since joining Flyers have been against Penguins
* James Neal (PIT): 12th goal of season, tied with Thomas Vanek for most in NHL
* Evgeni Malkin (PIT): snaps streak of 5 straight games without a goal (longest streak since 6 straight scoreless games from 12/20/2011 to 1/6/2012)* FROM ELIAS: Jakub Voracek’s tiebreaking goal with 91 seconds remaining in the third period completed the first hat trick of his NHL career and earned the Flyers a 6–5 road victory over the Penguins. It was only the second regular-season hat trick by a Flyers player in Pittsburgh. The first one was by Bobby Clarke in a 6–5 Philadelphia win at the Civic Arena on Dec. 13, 1980. The Flyers have had three playoff hat tricks in Pittsburgh, including two in one game last year (by Sean Couturier and Claude Giroux) and one in 1989 (by Tim Kerr).