Cross Checks: Matt Hendricks
September, 11, 2012
By Sarah Goldstein | ESPN.com
- Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov told the Philadelphia Inquirer that "As you can see, I'm skinny and prepared."
- Logan Couture told the the Mercury News he is fully recovered from shoulder surgery he had on May 1.
- Evander Kane isn't professing his love for Winnipeg while contract negotiations are ongoing, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Jet, according to the Winnipeg Sun.
- Matt Hendricks and the Capitals announced their support for the "You Can Play" campaign with Hendricks taping a public service announcement for the project, according to The Washington Post.
- The Florida Panthers' arena has been re-named BB&T Center, according to The Miami Herald.
- Habs defenseman Josh Gorges spoke out against the owners on Monday, telling reporters, "As players we want to play. More than anything, the desire to play is what's guiding us. The owners, on the other hand, seem determined to impose a lockout. And so the players are going to use every tool at our disposal to stop them. Nothing is more destructive to bargaining than a lockout."
- Leafs GM Brian Burke said the threat of a lockout killed the trade market this offseason, preventing Toronto from putting together the best roster to play new head coach Randy Carlyle's style, according to the National Post.
- Sabres owner Terry Pegula wouldn't go into details about CBA negotiations because he didn't "want to lose draft picks," but said that there would be no lasting effect of the current animosity between players and owners, according to The Buffalo News.
- With the NHLPA executive board meeting scheduled for next week, 12 to 13 Predators' players are expected to be in New York, according to The Tennessean.
- Daniel Sedin wasn't very optimistic about CBA talks, telling The Globe and Mail, “I’m like anyone else: We’re too far apart right now to really be optimistic. But you never know, there’s four, five days to get things started. We’ll see what happens.”
- Jets captain Andrew Ladd told the Winnipeg Sun he has looked into playing in Europe this season in case there is a lengthy lockout.