Lunchtime links: UNC edition
November, 19, 2012
By Robbi Pickeral | ESPN.com
Some UNC hoops-related links from around the Web:
- Former UNC reading specialist Mary Willingham tells Dan Kane of The News & Observer that many athletes stayed eligible to play sports because the academic support system provided improper help and tolerated plagiarism.
- The Tar Heels are about to face some more tests in Maui, writes Greg Barnes of InsideCarolina.com. UNC was hot and cold from deep during its win at Long Beach State, Barnes also writes.
- Here's Adam Lucas' Maui notebook, from GoHeels.com.
- The Tar Heels are set to begin the Maui Invitational, writes Kelly Parsons of The Daily Tar Heel.
- It’s all basketball business for UNC in Hawaii, writes Andrew Carter of The News & Observer.
- The Tar Heels are set to test their championship formula, writes Brian McInnis of The Star-Advertiser.
- UNC offers a big test for MSU, writes Brandon Marcello of The Clarion-Ledger.
- Phil Ford was inducted into the College Basketball Hall of Fame over the weekend. Blair Kerkhoff of The Kansas City Star writes about the former Tar Heels point guard.