Did you know? Notre Dame vs. Oklahoma
October, 26, 2012
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
As always, thanks to our friends at ESPN Stats & Info and both sports information departments for these tidbits.
- Notre Dame has not allowed any opponent to score more than 17 points in 2012. Oklahoma has been held to 17 points or fewer just once in its last 35 games dating back to 2009. The Sooners rank fifth in scoring offense this season (44.7 points per game).
- Florida and Notre Dame are the only teams to beat three ranked opponents so far. The Gators are the only team this season with two wins over top-10 opponents.
- Notre Dame has allowed the fewest offensive touchdowns of any FBS team this season (five). The Irish have allowed just two in their past five games, both last week against BYU. The only other team to allow fewer than eight offensive touchdowns this season is Alabama (six).
- Manti Te'o and Bennett Jackson have four interceptions each this season. Only one duo of defenders has more combined picks: Fresno State’s Phillip Thomas (seven, leading the nation) and Derron Smith (four).
- In goal-to-go situations, Notre Dame opponents have rushed it 13 times and have not reach the end zone. The Oklahoma offense has rushed it 28 times in goal-to-go situations and has scored 15 times (53.6 percent). Of the 44 teams with at least 25 runs in goal-to-go situations, Oklahoma is third, trailing Oklahoma State (56 percent) and Louisiana Tech (56.3).
- Notre Dame has allowed opponents to score on 16.9 percent of their drives this season, the third-lowest percentage in the nation. Just 7.2 percent of opponents’ possessions have ended in touchdowns, the lowest percentage in the country. Notre Dame is the only team in the nation that has not allowed a touchdown drive longer than 75 yards.
- Notre Dame has allowed a touchdown on 21.1 percent of its opponents’ red zone drives this season, the lowest percentage in the last nine seasons. Its opponents have more turnovers (5) than touchdowns (4) in 19 red-zone drives.
- Landry Jones improved his completion percentage on throws of 20 yards or more in his sophomore and junior seasons but has regressed this season, completing 9 of 32 attempts with two touchdowns. He completed more than half of his 20-yard throws for the first time this season last week against Kansas, but entered that game with 11 straight incompletions on the same passes.
- Jones has attempted 13 percent of his passes from outside the pocket in his career and has thrown 27.3 percent of his career interceptions from outside the pocket.
'College Football Live' Extra: Biggest Plays
FBS INDEP. SCOREBOARD
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State