Did you know? ND at BC
November, 9, 2012
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Thanks to ESPN Stats & Info, along sports information directors, for these notes.
- Notre Dame leads the nation with 14 scoring drives lasting five minutes or longer against FBS opponents this season. The Irish are second to Oregon with 19 scoring drives against FBS opponents with 10 plays or more. But … the majority of these drives end in field goals. The Irish lead the FBS with 14 red-zone field goals this season, including eight on drives with 10 or more plays. Overall, they have an FBS-high 10 field goals from drives with 10 or more plays.
- BC's Nick Clancy averages 11.9 tackles per game this season, third-most in FBS and 2.2 more than Manti Te'o. Clancy has had at least 10 tackles in seven of nine games this season, including a career-high 24 (14 solo) against Northwestern on Sept. 15.
- Everett Golson completed a career-low 30.8 percent of his passes when Pitt committed five or more players to the pass rush last week, including incompletions on all five of those passes in the fourth quarter and overtime. Entering the game, Golson completed 56.4 percent of his passes against the blitz.
- Of Golson's 230 rushing yards the past four games, 158 have come from scrambles, including all three of his runs of 20 yards or more.
- In the final 2:30 of games in which Notre Dame is tied or losing, Tommy Rees for his career has completed 18 of 25 passes, leading touchdown drives three times and field goal drives two other times. He has led two game-winning drives in his career. The only such drive Rees failed to deliver on came in last season's Champs Sports Bowl, when he got the ball with 13 seconds left.
- The winner of each Notre Dame-BC game receives two trophies: the Frank Leahy Memorial Bowl, honored for the schools' history, and the Ireland Trophy, which is shaped like the country and is presented by the schools' student governments.
- Eagles wideout Alex Amidon has 1,073 receiving yards this season, second-most in school history and within striking distance of record-holder Brian Brennan (1,149).
- BC is tied with Northwestern for third among FBS schools in all sports' overall GSR (Graduation Success Rate). Notre Dame is first. Duke is second.
FIGHTING IRISH NATION RECRUITING NEWS
NOTRE DAME FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Brady Quinn retweeted
- Matt Fortuna retweeted
- Justin Tuck retweeted
- FIDM retweeted