Irish recruiting roundup
January, 23, 2013
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Nothing else has happened since last Wednesday, right? Well, other than this.
- The NCAA last weekend changed the recruiting climate a bit, but our Mitch Sherman says that there could be some unintended consequences.
- Notre Dame remains at No. 3 in ESPN's Class of 2013 team recruiting rankings.
- Notre Dame was one of three schools Tuesday to visit ESPN Watch List offensive tackle Jamarco Jones (Chicago/De La Salle), our Jared Shanker writes.
- ESPN Watch List running back Nathan Starks (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) tells our William Wilkerson that Notre Dame is in his current top four, and that he would love to visit the school for junior days .
- Five-star defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes (Auburn, Calif./Placer) is expected to visit the Irish this weekend, and he will decide among Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Washington and Alabama on Feb. 6 in a ceremony at his school , our Blair Angulo writes.
- Class of 2014 Watch List defensive end Da'Shawn Hand (Woodbridge, Va./Woodbridge) does not have Notre Dame among his five finalists yet, but he says they can climb up there , our Dave Hooker writes.
- The Irish visited 2014 wide receiver Chigozie Onyekwere (Washington D.C./Friendship Collegiate) at his school last week, Hooker writes.
- Notre Dame is the latest to offer Class of 2014 Watch List guard Sam Mustipher (Olney, Md./Our Lady of Good Counsel), Hooker writes.
- ESPN 150 athlete and Notre Dame commit Tarean Folston (Cocoa, Fla./Cocoa) is still being courted, but he says he's still Irish , our Corey Long writes.
- Class of 2014 defensive tackle Antoine White (Millville, N.J./Millville) is hoping Irish coaches visit him soon , Shanker writes.
- ESPN300 DE and USC commitment Torrodney Prevot (Houston/Alief Taylor) says he is still considering Texas A&M, Notre Dame and Oregon , Khan Jr. writes.
- Four-star tight end Durham Smythe's (Belton, Texas/Belton) top three in no particular order are Stanford, Michigan and Notre Dame , our Damon Sayles writes.
- Notre Dame was one of several schools to check in with Oregon pledges following Chip Kelly's departure , our Brad Bournival writes.