Notre Dame vs. the ACC
Notre Dame vs. The ACC
A look at how the Irish have fared against current and future ACC foes.
|Current ACC Teams||Record|
|Future ACC Teams||Record|
|Source: ESPN Stats & Information|
First point: Does the scheduling change that much for Notre Dame? In three of the past five seasons, the Fighting Irish have played or will play against four current/future ACC schools.
- 2012: Miami, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Wake Forest
- 2011: Pittsburgh, Wake Forest, Maryland, Boston College, Florida State (bowl game)
- 2010: Boston College, Pittsburgh
- 2009: Boston College, Pittsburgh
- 2008: North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Syracuse
- Notre Dame has games against Pitt, Miami, Wake Forest, Syracuse and Boston College also scheduled into the future as well.
- Notre Dame has won six of its past seven against ACC teams (including 1-1 in bowl games over that stretch).
- Since the ACC began in 1953, Notre Dame is 28-13 against ACC opponents (conference membership at the time of game).
- Notre Dame has an all-time losing record against just two current ACC members (Florida State and NC State).
- There is only one ACC team Notre Dame has never played: Virginia Tech.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish, ACC, Maryland Terrapins, Miami (FL) Hurricanes, Virginia Cavaliers, Florida State Seminoles, Clemson Tigers, Boston College Eagles, Miami Hurricanes, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, North Carolina Tar Heels, Duke Blue Devils, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, Florida State, Virginia Tech Hokies, North Carolina State Wolfpack