Notre Dame Football: Austin Hooper
September, 26, 2012
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Big weekend, eh?
- Our Jared Shanker recaps this past weekend for the Irish.
- Class of 2014 OT Alex Bars (Nashville, Tenn./Montgomery Bell) talks to our Dave Hooker about the awkward feeling from Saturday's Notre Dame visit.
- Defensive end Austin Hooper (Concord, Calif./De La Salle), who took an unofficial to Notre Dame in July, wants to visit again soon while taking time with his decision, our Mason Kelley writes.
- Class of 2014 offensive tackle Jimmy Byrne (Cleveland, Ohio/St. Ignatius) visited Notre Dame and is nearing a decision, Shanker writes.
- Notre Dame commit and three-star receiver Corey Robinson (San Antonio/San Antonio Christian) talks to our Damon Sayles about the Irish's latest addition: ESPN 150 receiver Torii Hunter Jr. (Prosper, Texas/Prosper). Our Tom Luginbill says Hunter is ready to make an early impact.
- ESPN 150 running back Corey Clement (Glassboro, N.J./Glassboro) is committed to Pitt, but he took an official Saturday to South Bend, Shanker writes.
- The Irish lead for 2014 athlete Tommy Mister (Oak Lawn, Ill./H.L. Richards), Shanker writes ... even if an usher knocked over the prospect's nachos.
- Cornerback L.J. Moore (Fresno, Calif./Central) enjoyed his Irish visit, our Erik McKinney writes.
- Junior linebacker Clifton Garrett (Plainfield, Ill./Plainfield South) enjoyed Saturday's trip to Notre Dame, his first college visit, Shanker writes.
- ESPN 150 linebacker, former Ohio State commit and current Irish commit Alex Anzalone (Wyomissing, Pa., Wyomissing) heard from Urban Meyer last week, Shanker writes.
And away we go ...
- Notre Dame comes in at No. 8 in RecruitingNation's latest Class of 2013 team rankings.
- The Irish lead cornerback L.J. Moore's (Fresno, Calif./Central East) top-six, our Erik McKinney writes .
- ESPN 150 WR Torii Hunter Jr.'s (Prosper, Texas/Prosper) visit to Notre Dame last week stood out , our Bob Przybylo writes.
- Notre Dame is one of a handful of major programs to offer 2014 safety Ed Paris (Arlington, Texas/Timberview), our Max Olson writes.
- The pressure is starting to get to DE Austin Hooper (Concord, Calif./De La Salle), who visited Notre Dame this past weekend, our Mason Kelley writes.
- Jeff Jones (Minneapolis/Washburn), a 2014 RB, will be at Notre Dame for the night game against Michigan , our Jared Shanker writes.
- WR Devon Allen (Phoenix, Ariz./Brophy) recaps his trips to Notre Dame, Michigan and Ohio State with our Brad Bournival.
Top Returning Players: AAC and Notre Dame
FBS INDEP. SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35