Notre Dame Football: Devon Allen
September, 5, 2012
The week that was ...
- Our Dave Hooker looks at talent in the Northeast region, which includes Notre Dame commit Devin Butler (Washington D.C./Gonzaga).
- ESPN 300 running back Corey Clement (Glassboro, N.J./Glassboro) wasn't sure how he'd fit in Notre Dame's offense, but he will still visit the weekend of the Michigan game, our Jared Shanker writes.
- Class of 2014 defensive tackle Enoch Smith (Chicago/Mount Carmel) is hoping to visit Soldier Field for the Irish's clash with Miami, Shanker writes.
- For those who missed it: ESPN 150 athlete Alvin Bailey (Seffner, Fla./Armwood) committed Saturday to Florida, over UCF and Notre Dame.
- Three-star receiver Devon Allen (Phoenix/Brophy) is hoping to take an official visit to Notre Dame, our Brad Bournival writes.
Here we go ...
- Notre Dame is No. 8 in RecruitingNation's latest class of 2013 team rankings .
- Three-star athlete Juwaan Williams (Tucker, Ga./Tucker) is planning a Sept. 21 visit to Notre Dame, which he says, along with Vanderbilt, is recruiting him the hardest, our Kipp Adams writes.
- The Irish are one of six favorites for ESPN 150 receiver Jordan Cunningham (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./University School), who likes their offense and is likely to visit the school, our Jared Shanker writes.
- Notre Dame remains a possible official visit for Alabama commit and ESPN 150 running back Altee Tenpenny (North Little Rock, Ark./North Little Rock), who just returned from a leg injury, our Dave Hooker writes.
- ESPN 300 running back and Pitt commit Corey Clement (Glassboro, N.J./Glassboro) is intrigued by Notre Dame's offer, but he's not sure he'd fit in that well with the spread offense, Shanker writes.
- Class of 2014 running back Nick Richardson (Westerville, Ohio/Westerville Central) visited Notre Dame twice this summer , and he is hoping an offer comes, Shanker writes.
- A Sept. 21 official visit to Notre Dame remains a possibility for wide receiver Devon Allen (Phoenix/Brophy Prep), our Erik McKinney writes.
And away we go ...
- Notre Dame comes in at No. 8 in RecruitingNation's latest Class of 2013 team rankings.
- The Irish lead cornerback L.J. Moore's (Fresno, Calif./Central East) top-six, our Erik McKinney writes .
- ESPN 150 WR Torii Hunter Jr.'s (Prosper, Texas/Prosper) visit to Notre Dame last week stood out , our Bob Przybylo writes.
- Notre Dame is one of a handful of major programs to offer 2014 safety Ed Paris (Arlington, Texas/Timberview), our Max Olson writes.
- The pressure is starting to get to DE Austin Hooper (Concord, Calif./De La Salle), who visited Notre Dame this past weekend, our Mason Kelley writes.
- Jeff Jones (Minneapolis/Washburn), a 2014 RB, will be at Notre Dame for the night game against Michigan , our Jared Shanker writes.
- WR Devon Allen (Phoenix, Ariz./Brophy) recaps his trips to Notre Dame, Michigan and Ohio State with our Brad Bournival.
#Rankings #Rankings #Rankings
- Notre Dame is No. 9 in ESPN's latest Class of 2013 team recruiting rankings.
- The Irish have five commits in the latest ESPN 150, and four more in the ESPN 300. Tom Luginbill talks about the big movers, while Craig Haubert explains some of the rankings.
- Top-ranked cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III (Tampa, Fla./Wharton) is visiting Notre Dame on Monday, but USC is his leader, our Blair Angulo writes.
- Current Irish commits have been trying to persuade ESPN 300 defensive end Jordan Sherit (Tampa, Fla./Hillsborough), our Corey Long writes.
- Tight end Thomas Duarte (Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei) received a Notre Dame offer a week ago, our Erik McKinney writes.
- I'm not sure if announcing a final 15 is actually trimming anything, but Devon Allen (Phoenix/Brophy Prep) gives it a go, including Notre Dame among the group, our Max Olson writes.
- I'm not sure about a final 16, either, but Priest Willis (Tempe, Ariz./Marcos De Niza) has the Irish in his, McKinney writes.
- ESPN 150 wide receiver and Irish target Torii Hunter Jr. (Prosper, Texas/Prosper) talks to our Damon Sayles about his rise following The Opening.
- Four-star defensive end Alec James (Brookfield, Wis./Brookfield East) still has the Irish in his top three, our Jared Shanker writes.
- Class of 2014 cornerback Tony Brown (Beaumont, Texas/Ozen) picked up a Notre Dame offer last week, our Brad Bournival writes.
- And, of course, the big news of this week: class of 2014 receiver Justin Brent committed to Notre Dame. Shanker has the details.
Top Returning Players: AAC and Notre Dame
FBS INDEP. SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35