Notre Dame Football: John "Juju" Smith
May, 29, 2013
By Matt Fortuna | ESPN.com
Here's what's on the horizon ...
- Joe McBride, the coach of ESPN 150 end Solomon Thomas (Coppell, Texas/Coppell), tweeted Wednesday that Notre Dame has made the 13-school cut for Thomas .
- Notre Dame is one of roughly 30 schools in the hunt for ESPN 150 corner Nick Watkins (Dallas/Bishop Dunne), who is playing things close to the vest, our Damon Sayles writes.
- ESPN 150 linebacker Dillon Bates (Ponte Vedra, Fla./Ponte Vedra), son of former NFL player Bill Bates, is still taking a hard look at Notre Dame despite the Irish not being in his top five , our Derek Tyson writes.
- ESPN 150 receiver Saeed Blackwell (Manalapan, N.J./Manalapan), who has the Irish in his top five, is motivated by the career-ending injury of his father, Chris , our Jared Shanker writes.
- ESPN 150 quarterback Kyle Allen (Scottsdale, Ariz./Desert Mountain) breaks down to our Erik McKinney his top five, which includes Notre Dame .
- Shanker looks at where the Irish and several others go moving forward after missing out on five-star corner Jabrill Peppers (Paramus, N.J./Paramus Catholic).
- Interesting story from McKinney here on quarterback Keaton Dunsford (Santa Rosa, Calif./Cardinal Newman), whose only offer is from Harvard but mentions Notre Dame and others, given the backup options he has with his academics.
- The Irish are one of 22 programs to offer ESPN 150 athlete John "JuJu" Smith (Long Beach, Calif./Long Beach Poly), who steers clear of the social media scene, our Blair Angulo writes.
FIGHTING IRISH NATION RECRUITING NEWS
NOTRE DAME FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Justin Tuck retweeted
- FIDM retweeted