Notre Dame Football: jordan sherit
#Rankings #Rankings #Rankings
- Notre Dame is No. 9 in ESPN's latest Class of 2013 team recruiting rankings.
- The Irish have five commits in the latest ESPN 150, and four more in the ESPN 300. Tom Luginbill talks about the big movers, while Craig Haubert explains some of the rankings.
- Top-ranked cornerback Vernon Hargreaves III (Tampa, Fla./Wharton) is visiting Notre Dame on Monday, but USC is his leader, our Blair Angulo writes.
- Current Irish commits have been trying to persuade ESPN 300 defensive end Jordan Sherit (Tampa, Fla./Hillsborough), our Corey Long writes.
- Tight end Thomas Duarte (Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei) received a Notre Dame offer a week ago, our Erik McKinney writes.
- I'm not sure if announcing a final 15 is actually trimming anything, but Devon Allen (Phoenix/Brophy Prep) gives it a go, including Notre Dame among the group, our Max Olson writes.
- I'm not sure about a final 16, either, but Priest Willis (Tempe, Ariz./Marcos De Niza) has the Irish in his, McKinney writes.
- ESPN 150 wide receiver and Irish target Torii Hunter Jr. (Prosper, Texas/Prosper) talks to our Damon Sayles about his rise following The Opening.
- Four-star defensive end Alec James (Brookfield, Wis./Brookfield East) still has the Irish in his top three, our Jared Shanker writes.
- Class of 2014 cornerback Tony Brown (Beaumont, Texas/Ozen) picked up a Notre Dame offer last week, our Brad Bournival writes.
- And, of course, the big news of this week: class of 2014 receiver Justin Brent committed to Notre Dame. Shanker has the details.
Let's just say this was a busier week than most ...
As for potential future prospects ...
- On Saturday ... offensive tackle Colin McGovern (New Lenox, Ill./Lincoln-Way West) and Watch List tackle Hunter Bivin (Owensboro, Ky./Apollo) committed to the Irish.
- On Sunday ... Watch List quarterback Malik Zaire (Kettering, Ohio/Archbishop Alter) and Watch List offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey (Philadelphia/William Penn) committed to the Irish.
- Monday? Only Athlete Rashad Kinlaw (Galloway, N.J./Absegami) gave Notre Dame his word.
- And on Tuesday: Receiver Corey Robinson (San Antonio/San Antonio Christian), son of basketball Hall of Famer David Robinson, pledged to Notre Dame. Our Damon Sayles has more here.
As for potential future prospects ...
- Notre Dame has entered the mix for defensive end Jordan Sherit (Tampa, Fla./Hillsborough), colleague Bob Przybylo writes.
- Notre Dame is one of many schools entering the picture for Watch List cornerback Maurice Smith (Sugar Land, Texas/Dulles), Przybylo writes.
- The Irish are one of 33 to offer Watch List wide receiver Ra’Shaad Samples (Dallas/Skyline), Sayles writes.
- Offensive tackle Jake Campos (West Des Moines, Iowa/Valley) is visiting Notre Dame this weekend, Przybylo writes.
- Notre Dame is talking to Armwood (Seffner, Fla.) wide receiver Alvin Bailey, our Corey Long writes.
- The Irish are one of 13 to offer offensive lineman Nico Falah (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco), our Erik McKinney writes.
- Also, former Irish corner Tee Shepard tells our Garry Paskwietz he is focusing on his health.
Here's a look at the week that was in Notre Dame recruiting:
- Running back Johnny Jefferson (Killeen, Texas/Shoemaker) chose Baylor on Thursday , one day after decommitting from Texas A&M, our Damon Sayles writes. The Irish had offered Jefferson.
- Notre Dame is one of nearly a dozen schools to offer Gulliver Prep (Miami, Fla.) defensive end Stacy Thomas, Corey Long writes.
- Notre Dame offered cornerback Tre’ Bell (Jersey City, N.J./St. Peter’s Prep) March 8, and he will be visiting this weekend . Jared Shanker has the details.
- Notre Dame is among the top five for two-way lineman Darius Latham (Indianapolis/North Central), who will visit Saturday, Shanker writes.
- The Irish are one of 13 programs to offer ESPNU 150 Watch List cornerback Maurice Smith (Sugar Land, Texas/Dulles), Sayles writes.
- Notre Dame offered Hillsborough (Tampa, Fla.) defensive end Jordan Sherit last week, and he tells Long that the Irish are among the five programs recruiting him the hardest right now.
- Outside linebacker Deon Drake (Detroit/Cass Tech) has drawn some interest from the Irish , Shanker writes.
- ESPNU 150 Watch List linebacker Alex Anzalone (Wyomissing, Pa./Wyoming Area) will be visiting Notre Dame this weekend , Derek Tyson writes.