Notre Dame Football: Nathan Starks
Here's what's happenin' ...
- Notre Dame is No. 10 in the latest ESPN Class of 2014 team recruiting rankings .
- Our Brad Bournival looks at the top 11 uncommitted Class of 2015 prospects from the Midwest , including six Notre Dame has a chance of landing: top overall prospect, defensive end Jashon Cornell (St. Paul, Minn./Cretin-Derham Hall); four-star defensive tackle Hjalte Froholdt (Warren, Ohio/Warren G. Harding), four-star athlete Shaun Crawford (Lakewood, Ohio/Saint Edward), four-star defensive tackle Elijah Taylor (Cincinnati/Moeller), four-star quarterback James Morgan (Green Bay, Wis./Ashwaubenon) and four-star wide receiver David Dowell (Lakewood, Ohio/Saint Edward).
- Our Damon Sayles looks at the 10 remaining uncommitted ESPN300 prospects from the Midlands , including two more that the Irish have a chance of getting: Defensive end Solomon Thomas (Coppell, Texas/Coppell) and cornerback Nick Watkins (Dallas/Bishop Dunne). The Irish have also offered offensive guard Braden Smith (Olathe, Kan./Olathe South). The Irish are one of nine teams with a shot at landing a visit from Watkins , Sayles writes.
- Purdue is trying very hard to hold on to three-star outside linebacker Drue Tranquill (Fort Wayne, Ind./Carroll), who is visiting Notre Dame on Saturday.
- Our Erik McKinney mentions ESPN300 safety Bishard "Budda" Baker (Bellevue, Wash./Bellevue) as a "must-have" Washington recruit, though the Irish are in the mix with several other teams for Baker .
- Our Brad Bournival looks at Notre Dame and seven other schools' pitches for ESPN300 offensive guard Damien Mama (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco).
- Notre Dame is in the top-three for four-star running back Nathan Starks (Greenwood Village, Colo./Cherry Creek), our William Wilkerson writes.
Here's the latest from an already successful week on the trail for Notre Dame.
- From Sunday: ESPN 150 running back Elijah Hood (Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Catholic) is a Notre Dame commit.
- Our Jeremy Crabtree says that the Irish are big winners after landing Hood.
- Notre Dame is currently No. 10 in team recruiting rankings.
- Four-star Quenton Nelson (Red Bank, N.J./Red Bank Catholic) has the Irish atop his top-five, our Jared Shanker writes.
- Four-star wide receiver Saeed Blacknall (Manalapan, N.J./Manalapan) likes LSU and OSU the most, but he will try to visit Notre Dame around the time he visits OSU, Shanker writes.
- Four-star running back Joe Mixon (Oakley, Calif./Freedom) is still open to everyone, which includes, the Irish, our Erik McKinney writes.
- ESPN 150 running back Nathan Starks (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) was dismissed from school Monday, our Erik McKinney writes. He had a Notre Dame offer.
- McKinney says that Sunday's Passing Down Best of the West tournament at Fullerton College allowed cornerback Jonathan Lockett (Santa Ana, Calif./Mater Dei) to show why he has offers from places like Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame visited four-star defensive tackle Josh Frazier (Springdale, Ark./Har-Ber) last Monday, our Damon Sayles writes.
- ESPN150 wide receiver Josh Malone (Gallatin, Tenn./Station Camp) tells our Dave Hooker that he liked Notre Dame's academics and its vertical offense from his visit during Blue-Gold weekend.
Here's what's happening ...
- Class of 2014 outside linebacker Sam Hubbard (Cincinnati/Moeller) decommitted from Notre Dame's lacrosse program and will visit Ohio State this weekend, seeing football in his future , our Brad Bournival writes.
- Bournival spotlights Cleveland St. Ignatius , the school of current Notre Dame commit and current ESPN Watch List OT Jimmy Byrne. (It's also the alma mater of current Irish linebacker Dan Fox.)
- The Notre Dame-USC recruiting battle has shifted to the Midwest , our Jared Shanker writes, as the Trojans got an offer in to Class of 2015 defensive end/outside linebacker Jashon Cornell (St. Paul, Minn./Cretin-Derham Hall) Tuesday just before the Irish. Cornell plans to visit for the April 20 Blue-Gold spring game.
- ESPN Watch List offensive tackle K.C. McDermott (Wellington, Fla./Palm Beach Central) committed Monday to Miami over Notre Dame . His brother Tyler is a recently hired Irish grad assistant. His other brother, Shane, is a junior offensive lineman for the Hurricanes.
- ESPN Watch List running back Nathan Starks (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) lists Notre Dame, USC and Oklahoma as some of his early favorites , our Erik McKinney writes.
- Class of 2014 athlete Tommy Mister (Chicago/St. Rita) has Iowa State as his leader , with Western Michigan, Illinois and Notre Dame all tied for third, Shanker writes.
January, 23, 2013
Nothing else has happened since last Wednesday, right? Well, other than this.
- The NCAA last weekend changed the recruiting climate a bit, but our Mitch Sherman says that there could be some unintended consequences.
- Notre Dame remains at No. 3 in ESPN's Class of 2013 team recruiting rankings.
- Notre Dame was one of three schools Tuesday to visit ESPN Watch List offensive tackle Jamarco Jones (Chicago/De La Salle), our Jared Shanker writes.
- ESPN Watch List running back Nathan Starks (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) tells our William Wilkerson that Notre Dame is in his current top four, and that he would love to visit the school for junior days .
- Five-star defensive tackle Eddie Vanderdoes (Auburn, Calif./Placer) is expected to visit the Irish this weekend, and he will decide among Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Washington and Alabama on Feb. 6 in a ceremony at his school , our Blair Angulo writes.
- Class of 2014 Watch List defensive end Da'Shawn Hand (Woodbridge, Va./Woodbridge) does not have Notre Dame among his five finalists yet, but he says they can climb up there , our Dave Hooker writes.
- The Irish visited 2014 wide receiver Chigozie Onyekwere (Washington D.C./Friendship Collegiate) at his school last week, Hooker writes.
- Notre Dame is the latest to offer Class of 2014 Watch List guard Sam Mustipher (Olney, Md./Our Lady of Good Counsel), Hooker writes.
- ESPN 150 athlete and Notre Dame commit Tarean Folston (Cocoa, Fla./Cocoa) is still being courted, but he says he's still Irish , our Corey Long writes.
- Class of 2014 defensive tackle Antoine White (Millville, N.J./Millville) is hoping Irish coaches visit him soon , Shanker writes.
- ESPN300 DE and USC commitment Torrodney Prevot (Houston/Alief Taylor) says he is still considering Texas A&M, Notre Dame and Oregon , Khan Jr. writes.
- Four-star tight end Durham Smythe's (Belton, Texas/Belton) top three in no particular order are Stanford, Michigan and Notre Dame , our Damon Sayles writes.
- Notre Dame was one of several schools to check in with Oregon pledges following Chip Kelly's departure , our Brad Bournival writes.