Notre Dame Football: Starla Chapman
- Scouts Inc. breaks down tonight's game . Notre Dame football has seen a recruiting surge with this success, colleague Mitch Sherman writes. Ryan McGee looks at how the layoff could affect both teams .
- The focus hasn't shifted for Alabama DC Kirby Smart, colleague Chris Low writes. Low looks at keys for Bama, and he and Edward Aschoff both predict the contest. Chance Warmack takes charge. Mark Schlabach looks at the special bond between AJ McCarron and Starla Chapman. Schlabach looks at the tale of the tape between these two schools.
- Sean Astin talks about Notre Dame's rise in Playbook.
- I was lucky enough to be the inaugural Curley Center class to cover a national championship; the gang here now is doing some pretty good work under former Notre Dame beat writer Malcolm Moran.
- The Chicago Tribune's David Haugh says Mirko Jurkovic is staying positive in his cancer fight. This could be the Irish's most meaningful title yet. Barrett Jones and Manti Te'o are a couple of family guys, Brian Hamilton writes. Everett Golson has seen everything and nothing.
- Athlon Sports previews the title game.
- Irish safeties coach Bob Elliott has shown his resiliency once again this season, Pete Thamel writes on SI.com. Another inspiring tale, this one on Irish academic services associate director Adam Sargent.
- Brian Kelly once seemed poised for politics. Kelly has paid his dues and seen a huge return, George Schroeder writes in USA Today.
- The New York Post's Mike Vaccaro says that this iconic matchup has drawn everyone in. Brian Kelly has the dream job, now he needs the win to complete the fairytale.
- Yahoo! Sports' Pat Forde says Kelly and Nick Saban should stay where they are. Golson is hoping to do what McCarron did.
- The LA Times' Bill Plaschke is taking Notre Dame, and that Cierre Wood has swagger and stats.
- SI.com's Stewart Mandel says developing Golson could be key, and to not anoint the Tide as champions just yet. Mike Rosenberg says Saban's legacy is complicated, and that this sport is better with the Irish near the top of it.
- AL.com's Kevin Scarbinsky says Saban's legacy is complex as a man but clear as a coach. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel's Dave Hyde says Saban is a college legend despite his messy Dolphins legacy.
Top Returning Players: AAC and Notre Dame
FBS INDEP. SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35