Notre Dame Football: Tashawn Bower
December, 19, 2012
One off the Irish class of 2013 caravan. Who will step in?
- ESPN 300 running back Jamel James (Katy, Texas/Cinco Ranch) has de-committed from the Irish , our Sam Khan Jr. writes.
- Class of 2014 receiver Corey Holmes (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas) has been talking to Notre Dame lately and is hoping to take an unofficial visit soon , our Corey Long writes.
- ESPN150 athlete Max Redfield (Mission Viejo, Calif./Mission Viejo) is announcing his decision at the Jan. 4 Under Armour All-American game , but he tells our Blair Angulo that his mind is pretty much made up.
- Notre Dame is one of the latest to offer ESPN 2014 Watch List end Lorenzo Carter (Norcross, Ga./Norcross), who was born in Indiana, our Kipp Adams writes.
- ESPN 150 end Tashawn Bower (Somerville, N.J./Immaculata) eliminated the Irish late last week , our Dave Hooker writes.
- ESPN Watch List guard Sam Mustipher (Olney, Md./Our Lady of Good Counsel) is drawing more and more interest, and Notre Dame is one of the schools he hopes to visit , Hooker writes.
December, 12, 2012
'Crootin' ... as all the cool kids say.
- ICMYI earlier this week: ESPN150 RB Greg Bryant (Delray Beach, Fla./American Heritage-Boca-Delray) and Watch List OT Jimmy Byrne (Cleveland/Saint Ignatius) are the latest members of Notre Dame's 2013 and 2014 recruiting classes, respectively.
- Four-star wide receiver Devin Lauderdale (Houston, Texas/Bellaire), a Texas Tech de-commit, will visit Notre Dame on Jan. 25 , our Damon Sayles writes.
- ESPN Watch List TE Jeb Blazevich (Charlotte, N.C./Charlotte Christian) has Notre Dame in his top six, and he's planning a visit soon , our Dave Hooker writes. Blazevich is from the same high school as Matthias Farley.
- ESPN150 DE Tashawn Bower (Somerville, N.J./Immaculata) is planning an official visit to Notre Dame and several others after de-committing from Auburn .
- Three-star WR Akia Booker (Duncan, S.C./Byrnes) says Notre Dame and several others offered him last week , our Miller Safrit writes.
December, 5, 2012
Here's what's happening in the world of Notre Dame recruiting ...
- Notre Dame remains No. 4 in ESPN's class of 2013 team rankings .
- ESPN 150 athlete Tarean Folston (Cocoa, Fla./Cocoa) is expecting a visit Thursday from Brian Kelly , our Corey Long writes.
- Kelly and Mike Denbrock visited Class of 2014 tight end Tyler Luatua (La Mirada, Calif./La Mirada) last week, our Erik McKinney writes.
- ESPN150 defensive end Tashawn Bower (Somerville, N.J./Immaculata) remains committed to Auburn for now, but he is still considering Notre Dame and several others after Gene Chizik's firing , our Dave Hooker writes.
- ESPN's No. 1 receiver, Laquon Treadwell (Crete, Ill./Crete-Monee), has a new No. 1, but Notre Dame could land a visit , our Jared Shanker writes.
- Our Greg Ostendorf rounds up some top recruits' reaction to the SEC title game and BCS title game matchup .
- ATH Juwaan Williams (Tucker, Ga./Tucker) is focused on four, with Notre Dame among them , our Brandon P. Oliver writes.
- Notre Dame is in on a pair of last week's Blue Chip Battles .
Away we go ...
- Using Mark Schlabach's latest too-early top 25, RecruitingNation checks in on how those schools' early 2013 classes are shaping up.
- The Verbal Commitment podcast delves into those classes as well.
- Notre Dame target Marcus Ball (Westerville, Ohio/South) is among several fast-rising prospects this spring, our Jared Shanker writes.
- ESPN 150 offensive tackle Ethan Pocic (Lemont, Ill./Lemont) committed to LSU on Tuesday, choosing the Tigers over Notre Dame and several others, colleague Scott Powers writes.
- ESPN 150 running back Ryan Green (St. Petersburg, Fla./Saint Petersburg Catholic) came away from his recent visit to Auburn impressed, but he still hasn't made a cut of his top schools, our Corey Long writes. Green is still planning a summer visit to Notre Dame, among others.
- Defensive end Alec James (Brookfield, Wisc./Brookfield Central) has the Irish in his top four, but TCU could be making a push, Shanker writes.
- ESPN 150 defensive end Tashawn Bower (Somerville, N.J./Immaculata) is hoping to visit Notre Dame in July, our Dave Hooker writes.
February, 23, 2012
Notre Dame finalized its 2012 recruiting class this week when five-star ATH Davonte Neal (Scottsdale, Ariz./Chaparral) decided Tuesday he would play for the Irish. The addition of Neal gives the Irish the No. 9 class in the nation. Here's a recap of that and everything else that happened in a wild week:
- ATH Taquan Mizzell says Notre Dame coaches will offer him a scholarship once they review his academic transcript, our Dave Hooker writes.
- Running back Ty Isaac (Joliet, Ill./Joliet Catholic) will visit Notre Dame on March 3, our Jared Shanker writes.
- Notre Dame is among the most recent schools to offer defensive end Tashawn Bower (Somerville, N.J./Immaculata), Hooker writes.
- Neal, the latest Irish addition, is focused on new beginnings, Nick Ruland writes.
- Our Tom Luginbill says Neal is a great fit for the Irish.