Sunday, February 16, 2014
Olympic tournament: Who plays who next?
By Sarah Goldstein
The top four seeds get an automatic bye to the quarterfinals. The remaining eight countries play a qualifying round game on Tuesday with the winner advancing to the quarterfinals and the loser eliminated from the tournament. The schedule for the qualifying round games will not be announced until Monday.
7. Czech Republic
- Sweden plays winner of Slovenia-Austria
- USA plays winner of Czech Republic-Slovakia
- Canada plays winner of Switzerland-Latvia
- Finland plays winner of Russia-Norway
- Winner of Sweden/Slovenia-Austria vs. winner of Finland/Russia-Norway
- Winner of USA/Czech Republic-Slovakia vs. winner of Canada/Switzerland-Latvia