Some Pac-10 numbers to chew on
September, 28, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Some numbers that might interest you.
- The Pac-10 is 10-4 vs. other BCS conferences.
- The Pac-10 is 2-4 vs. the WAC and Mountain West.
- The conference's overall record vs. FBS foes is 15-9 (.624).
- Arizona ranks fourth in the nation in total defense (230.75 yards per game) and is tied for third with Oregon in scoring defense (11 ppg).
- Three Pac-10 QBs rank in the nation's top 25 in passing efficiency: No. 11 Andrew Luck of Stanford, No. 14 Matt Barkley of USC and No. 25 Nick Foles of Arizona.
- Four Pac-10 teams rank among the top 15 in the nation in pass efficiency defense: No. 2 Oregon, No. 4 Stanford, No. 11 Arizona and No. 15 California.
- Oregon is No. 1 in the nation with 57.75 points per game. Stanford is No. 4 with 48 ppg.
- Oregon and Stanford have both allowed only one sack so far this year. Stanford leads the conference with 14 sacks. Oregon is tied for second with 11.
- Stanford is tied for No. 1 in the nation with a 100 percent scoring rate in the red zone. Its 26 red zone opportunities -- 18 TDs -- also is the most in the nation.
- Oregon RB LaMichael James is No. 2 in the nation with 158.83 rushing yards per game. Cal's Shane Vereen is 22nd with 106.5 ypg.
- Arizona's Travis Cobb is No. 1 in the nation in kickoff return average (37.83 ypr).
- Oregon's Cliff Harris is No. 1 in the nation in punt return average (28.14 ypr).
- Arizona State's Trevor Hankins is No. 1 in the nation in punting, averaging 51.07 yards per boot.
- Oregon is No. 1 in the nation in turnover margin (2.75). The Ducks have forced 18 turnovers -- three more than any other team -- and lost seven.
- Oregon State is the only team in the nation that has yet to lose a turnover.
- The Beavers rank 119th in the nation in third-down defense. Opponents are converting 58.7 percent of third-down plays into first downs. Meanwhile, the Beavers' offense is 115th in the nation in third down conversion percentage (26.5 percent).
- Arizona State ranks last (120th) in the nation in penalty yards per game (93.8 ypg). USC ranks 118th (90 ypg).
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/pac12