Some Pac-10 numbers to chew on
September, 28, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Some numbers that might interest you.
- The Pac-10 is 10-4 vs. other BCS conferences.
- The Pac-10 is 2-4 vs. the WAC and Mountain West.
- The conference's overall record vs. FBS foes is 15-9 (.624).
- Arizona ranks fourth in the nation in total defense (230.75 yards per game) and is tied for third with Oregon in scoring defense (11 ppg).
- Three Pac-10 QBs rank in the nation's top 25 in passing efficiency: No. 11 Andrew Luck of Stanford, No. 14 Matt Barkley of USC and No. 25 Nick Foles of Arizona.
- Four Pac-10 teams rank among the top 15 in the nation in pass efficiency defense: No. 2 Oregon, No. 4 Stanford, No. 11 Arizona and No. 15 California.
- Oregon is No. 1 in the nation with 57.75 points per game. Stanford is No. 4 with 48 ppg.
- Oregon and Stanford have both allowed only one sack so far this year. Stanford leads the conference with 14 sacks. Oregon is tied for second with 11.
- Stanford is tied for No. 1 in the nation with a 100 percent scoring rate in the red zone. Its 26 red zone opportunities -- 18 TDs -- also is the most in the nation.
- Oregon RB LaMichael James is No. 2 in the nation with 158.83 rushing yards per game. Cal's Shane Vereen is 22nd with 106.5 ypg.
- Arizona's Travis Cobb is No. 1 in the nation in kickoff return average (37.83 ypr).
- Oregon's Cliff Harris is No. 1 in the nation in punt return average (28.14 ypr).
- Arizona State's Trevor Hankins is No. 1 in the nation in punting, averaging 51.07 yards per boot.
- Oregon is No. 1 in the nation in turnover margin (2.75). The Ducks have forced 18 turnovers -- three more than any other team -- and lost seven.
- Oregon State is the only team in the nation that has yet to lose a turnover.
- The Beavers rank 119th in the nation in third-down defense. Opponents are converting 58.7 percent of third-down plays into first downs. Meanwhile, the Beavers' offense is 115th in the nation in third down conversion percentage (26.5 percent).
- Arizona State ranks last (120th) in the nation in penalty yards per game (93.8 ypg). USC ranks 118th (90 ypg).
Final Idaho State 14 Utah 56 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38 Final Weber State 14 19 Arizona State 45
Final Colorado State 31 Colorado 17 Final UNLV 13 Arizona 58
Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final Portland State 14 Oregon State 29 Final UC Davis 0 11 Stanford 45 Final Fresno State 13 15 USC 52 Final 25 Washington 17 Hawaii 16 Final South Dakota 13 3 Oregon 62