Pac-10 lunch links: Presley, Franklin are rising at UCLA
April, 17, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Life is too short, and the time we waste in yawning never can be regained.
- Quarterback Danny Sullivan can win over Arizona State fans Saturday during the Sun Devils spring game.
- Quarterback Robert Marve, who is transferring from Miami, plans to visit Nebraska, Texas Tech and Arizona State. He's also considering South Florida and Purdue, and has dropped UCLA from his list. Marve would sit out the 2009 season and has two years of eligibility remaining.
- Revisiting issues with Oregon's media policies -- it was mostly a misunderstanding. Hey, look, can't we all just get a long? Yes, we can! Now, to the campfire for a round of "Kum Ba Ya".
- Oregon State will scrimmage Friday, so the new-look secondary will be on display.
- UCLA tailback Johnathan Franklin is moving up the depth chart. Freshman tight end Morrell Presley is living up to expectations.
- Got a couple of grumpy emails from Auburn fans about saying the Tigers "chickened out" of a 2010 game with UCLA. Well, here's an Auburn perspective to consider.
- It appears Aaron Corp is responding to Matt Barkley's challenge for the USC quarterback job. Competition is also hot on the defensive line. Sophomore cornerback T.J. Bryant is asserting himself.
- Jon Wilner considers the Pac-10 and the NFL draft.
Final Hawaii 12 Colorado 21 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Georgia State 14 Washington 45 Final California 45 Arizona 49 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final San Diego State 7 Oregon State 28