Pac-10 lunch links: Stanford spurned in favor of Alabama
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
A ranking of the top-five shows on Noggin according to my six-month-old and his caddy (me): 1. Yo Gabba Gabba: Strange stuff, but Jack Black's guest appearance was priceless; 2. The Backyardigans: I just hope Pablo, the blue bird, doesn't try to negotiate one of those "first among equals" contracts; 3. Maggie and the Ferocious Beast: I laugh every time I see the Ferocious Beast; 4. Go, Diego, Go!: Diego nips his cousin, Dora the Explorer, because Rosie Perez does the voice of "Click the Camera", which always reminds me of her run on Jeopardy in "White Men Can't Jump"; 5. Dora the Explorer: I've got one thing to say: "Swiper, no swiping!"
- San Jose State drops Stanford for a 2010 game at Alabama. Yep. It's about money.
- Arizona State has a commitment from a speedy linebacker.
- Here's a look at Minnesota's new stadium, where California will face a tricky nonconference road game.
- Oregon has lost a receiver recruit to pro baseball.
- Oregon State season ticket sales are down, which figures to be the story throughout the conference.
- Former Stanford center Alex Fletcher's NFL career is over due to a kidney problem. That's too bad. Hope everything works out, Alex. Guessing that Stanford degree will come in handy.
- UCLA lost a D-line recruit this week, but it appears they will get an O-lineman into school.
- USC loses one of its greats from the 1950s.
- Checking in with the Dawgfather.
- Billy Cannon might have some advice for Ryan Leaf, who's in big trouble. It's a John McGrath column so you know it's good.