Pac-10 lunch links: Recruiting, ineligibility and beware of Twitter
July, 1, 2009
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
He once told me that the art of getting ahead in New York was based on learning how to express dissatisfaction in an interesting way.
- Arizona defensive coordinator Mark Stoops and brother Bob, Oklahoma's head coach, helped out at a football camp that is close to their hearts.
- A list of Arizona State's "Scholar Ballers." The Sun Devils also got a commitment from a receiver, which leaves their recruiting class looking like this.
- Not much can Hinder this California quarterback recruit from Colorado.
- Do Oregon's uniforms distract from what the program has accomplished on the field? Former AD Pat Kilkenny, replaced by former coach Mike Bellotti, is now back to being a Ducks fan. Two reserve players are gone due to ineligibility.
- Oregon State center Alex Linnenkohl is featured in this story about offseason conditioning. And the Beavers got two commitments.
- Why did this recruit from Gainesville, Ga., pick Stanford? That slip of paper they hand him when he graduates. And Stanford recruiting seems to be going quite well.
- USC, Florida and Tennessee are battling for one of the few remaining uncommitted elite quarterbacks.
- A preview of the Washington Huskies.
- Four of the nation's top-10 nonconference schedules are in the Pac-10, according to this list.
- Beware of Twitter and Facebook, Pac-10 athletes.
- Ranking Pac-10 schedules, with some interesting info about how Washington's got so hard.
- Here's a Pac-10 all-decade team. Discuss.