Pac-10 lunch links: Arizona is starting its own network
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
I discovered that my own little postage stamp of native soil was worth writing about and that I would never live long enough to exhaust it, and that by sublimating the actual into the apocryphal I would have complete liberty to use whatever talent I might have to its absolute top. It opened up a gold mine of other people, so I created a cosmos of my own.
- Arizona is going to create its own TV network. Perhaps we'll get some "Three's Company" reruns? And the Wildcats might want to read this.
- Don't use former Arizona State quarterback Sam Keller's likeness or else. And the Sun Devils have a new head athletic trainer.
- A former California player is facing hard time.
- Checking in with former Oregon coach -- and now Ducks athletic director -- Mike Bellotti, who's probably thrilled with ticket sales. Rob Moseley sets the record straight on Chris Harper's transfer to Kansas State.
- Building the Dam continues to review this year's Oregon State talent vs. last year's. Meet Mr. Lucky.
- Video of some incoming Stanford freshmen. The Cardinal fall in at No. 50 in the New York Times "The Quad" rankings. A big loss to the Harbaugh clan: RIP Jerry Harbaugh.
- UCLA ranks No. 52, according to the NY Times.
- A big man is planning to visit USC. A lawsuit has been filed against a former USC assistant.
- High praise for quarterback Nick Montana, who has committed to Washington.
- Here's some good news for Washington State fans. Vince Grippi's blog is back! Missed his story on the not-so-good news. The WSU Football Blog... well be forewarned some of this is pretty ugly.