Some notes to get you through the hours until Saturday. Many thanks to ESPN Stats & Information.
- Missouri is coming off a lackluster performance against Miami (OH) last week. The Tigers managed just 129 yards passing.
- Missouri has won 23 straight games played in the months of August/September. Its last such loss was in 2005 against New Mexico. That loss was also the last time Missouri lost a regular season nonconference game. Since then, the Tigers have won 22 straight.
- While Missouri has been stellar in the months of August/September, Arizona State been less impressive recently. Since 2008, ASU is 7-5 in those months.
- It’s the second time in the last three games that Missouri has played in Tempe. The Tigers lost to Iowa in the Insight Bowl there on Dec. 28.
- Arizona State has won four straight regular-season home games against Big 12 teams. That streak includes a 19-0 win over top-ranked Nebraska in 1996.
- These teams haven’t met since 1990, a 30-9 Missouri win.
- California beat Colorado 52-7 last year in Berkeley.
- The Bears lead the Buffaloes in their all-time series 3-2.
- Colorado QB Tyler Hansen became the 11th player in school history eclipse 3,000 yards passing after throwing for 223 yards at Hawaii.
- Cal WR Keenan Allen and Marvin Jones both eclipsed 100 yards receiving in the Bears victory over Fresno State.
- Oregon has won 16 straight home games (last home loss Sept. 20, 2008 to Boise State).
- Nevada lost 12 straight games when opening season on the road (1987 last time Wolf Pack won on the ROAD to start the season, when they were in Big Sky Conference).
- Nevada won seven straight games to end 2010, only Auburn (16) and Stanford (9) have longer active FBS win streaks.
- Only series meeting between Oregon State and Wisconsin was 1961, 23-20 Wisconsin win.
- Wisconsin has won 10 straight home games (last loss at Camp Randall was to Iowa, 20-10, on Oct. 17, 2009).
- Wisconsin has won 29 straight regular-season games against nonconference opponents (last loss came to UNLV on Sept. 13, 2003). That is the second longest active streak in nation behind LSU (34 straight).
- Stanford moved up to No. 6 in the AP Poll this week, its best ranking this early in the season since 1970, when it reached No. 4 in the Sept. 14 poll.
- Stanford QB Andrew Luck is 21-5 all-time as a starter, currently the highest win percentage by a QB in school history.
- Stanford is on a nine-game winning streak, the second longest streak in FBS behind Auburn’s 16. The Cardinal have won their past four games
by at least 28 points each.
- Duke has lost 42 straight games against ranked opponents, last beating No. 13 Virginia in 1994. The Blue Devils last beat a top-10 team in 1989, when Steve Spurrier’s Duke squad knocked off No. 7 Clemson.
- UCLA and San Jose State are in the same state but they have never played before.
- UCLA running back Johnathan Franklin had his eight career 100-yard rushing game at Houston. His 1,821 career yards rushing ranks him 18th on the Bruis all-time list.
- QB Richard Brehaut's 351 yards of total offense against Houston is tied for 20th on the school's all-time list (87 yards rushing, 264 passing).
- Utah's visit to USC is the first official conference game of the newly formed Pac-12. Utah joined the conference in 2011 after spending the previous 12 years in the Mountain West Conference. This will be the 6th different conference that the Utes have played in. Utah is 3-1-1 in its first ever games in a new conference.
- This is the first meeting between these teams since 2001 when Utah defeated USC 10-6 in the Las Vegas Bowl. This is the first regular season meeting between these teams since 1948.
- Robert Woods caught 17 passes in USC's season opening win over Minnesota to break Johnnie Morton’s single game school mark of 15 (set in 1993). It was the second-most receptions in a game by a Pac-12 receiver (2 shy of the record). Woods’ 3 touchdowns (all in the first half) also tied a school-record and tied a career-high for Woods.
- Matt Barkley completed 34 passes against Minnesota breaking Todd Marinovich's single game school record back in 1989. Barkley has 5,830 career pass yards, 296 yards shy of passing John David Booty for 5th on the school’s all-time passing yardage list.
- Hawaii leads its series with Washington 2-1. The Warriors won the last game 35-28 in 2007.
- Huskies running back Chris Polk produced his 12th career 100-yard rushing game against Eastern Washington, tied for third most in school history.
- Washington's five-game winning streak is tied for sixth longest in the nation. Only Auburn (16), Stanford (9), Nevada and Ohio State (7) and Oklahoma (6) have longer current winning streaks.
- Washington State is 4-0 all-time against UNLV. The teams last played in 1991, a 40-13 Cougars win.
- 11 different Cougs caught passes in the win over Idaho State
- Washington State rolled up 590 yards of offense against Idaho State. The Cougars 60 points was their most since scoring 77 against Southwestern Louisiana in 1997.
2:00 PM ET Washington State Colorado State 3:30 PM ET 20 Fresno State 25 USC 5:30 PM ET Buffalo San Diego State 9:00 PM ET Tulane Louisiana-Lafayette
6:00 PM ET Pittsburgh Bowling Green 9:30 PM ET Utah State 23 Northern Illinois
2:30 PM ET Marshall Maryland 6:00 PM ET Syracuse Minnesota 9:30 PM ET Brigham Young Washington
12:00 PM ET Rutgers Notre Dame 3:20 PM ET Cincinnati North Carolina 6:45 PM ET Miami (FL) 18 Louisville 10:15 PM ET Michigan Kansas State
11:45 AM ET Middle Tennessee Navy 3:15 PM ET Ole Miss Georgia Tech 6:45 PM ET 10 Oregon Texas 10:15 PM ET 14 Arizona State Texas Tech
12:30 PM ET Arizona Boston College 2:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 17 UCLA 4:00 PM ET Rice Mississippi State 8:00 PM ET 24 Duke 21 Texas A&M
12:00 PM ET Nebraska 22 Georgia 12:00 PM ET UNLV North Texas 1:00 PM ET Iowa 16 LSU 1:00 PM ET 19 Wisconsin 9 South Carolina 5:00 PM ET 5 Stanford 4 Michigan State 8:30 PM ET 15 UCF 6 Baylor
7:30 PM ET 13 Oklahoma State 8 Missouri 8:30 PM ET 12 Clemson 7 Ohio State