Pac-10 Morning: Devil of a storm hits Devil Dome
August, 29, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
How about Stanford! Glad I picked that upset. Wait. I didn't pick that upset. D'oh.
- As a North Scottsdale resident, I can tell you we had a wicked-crazy storm out here in the desert. For me and my wife, it was just a fancy show of lightning. But down south in Tempe, it was a little uglier, apparently doing severe damage to Arizona State's new, $8.4 million indoor practice facility. Hopefully, this won't scare the Sun Devils freshmen, because a lot of them are going to play, though RB Keegan Herring may not.
- Arizona fans are dying for a winner. They'll get one when the opponent is Idaho. There are more ways than one to play a Gronkowski.
- More on the suspension of California DE Cameron Jordan. So he won't help stop a Ringer. Some notes from practice and a twist.
- Oregon's season preview. Ducks D is motivated. Seattle Times looks at the Mike Bellotti Era.
- The Oregon State perspective on its loss to Stanford.
- Stanford made a statement by beating Oregon State -- it's no longer a pushover. Toby Gerhart was impressive, eh? Game notes. Maybe more Stanford fans will show up next time?
- UCLA wants to be like USC only it wants to be UCLA while it's doing it. Understand? Frosh WR Taylor Embree should help. Debating the Bruins prospects, which hang heavily on the defense.
- It might be wet at Virginia, so turnovers will be a key. But when are they not? The matchups. The weather.
- Washington won't have its starting TE at Oregon. Freshman DT Senio Kelemete will be there though -- and starting. As will former walk-on LB Josh Gage. The always-incisive Steve Rudman looks at past true freshmen starters at Washington.
- Washington State CB Alfonso Jackson says to not count the Cougars out. Four Coug freshmen will start vs. Oklahoma State.
- From the Bleacher Report... team nicknames and their winning percentages.
2:00 PM ET Hawaii Colorado 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 6:00 PM ET Georgia State Washington 10:00 PM ET California Arizona 10:30 PM ET 2 Oregon Washington State 10:30 PM ET San Diego State Oregon State