Lunch links: Cougs center out for SD State
September, 16, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
- Arizona cornerback Shaquille Richardson is trying to develop a short memory and thick skin. Wide receiver David Douglas waits his turn.
- Arizona State gets ready for another dual-threat quarterback. A scouting report.
- California coach Jeff Tedford moves toward a landmark. A practice update, including defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast talking about the defense, which got beaten up by Colorado.
- Colorado believes it will have its hands full with Colorado State. It didn't take long for Paul Richardson to announce himself as an elite wide receiver.
- The injury to Oregon linebacker Michael Clay, who looks very day-to-day, thins the Ducks' linebacker depth. O-lineman Carson York is a good player and a smart guy.
- Should Oregon State redshirt James Rodgers? Here's a column that says yes.
- Stanford's pass defense, which hasn't been great, gets ready for Arizona quarterback Nick Foles. This is the Cardinal's first big test.
- UCLA's Derrick Coleman isn't fancy but he's effective. It appears Kevin Prince will start at quarterback.
- A final decision on USC D-lineman Armond Armstead's status should come shortly. A true freshman is expected to start on the O-line.
- Does BYU have an edge over Utah? Does the rivalry need to cool down?
- Washington's receivers, shut down by Nebraska in the previous two meetings, are hoping for redemption. Some practice notes.
- Washington State linebacker C.J. Mizell has grown up as a player and person. The Cougars' starting center is doubtful at San Diego State.
Final Hawaii 12 Colorado 21 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Georgia State 14 Washington 45 Final California 45 Arizona 49 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final San Diego State 7 Oregon State 28