Pac-12: Did you know?
October, 7, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Some notes to get you through the hours until Saturday. Many thanks to ESPN Stats & Information.
- Now conference rivals, Arizona State and Utah haven’t met since 1993. Arizona State, which leads the series 16-6, has won the past seven meetings. Utah hasn’t beaten the Sun Devils since 1976. This is the first meeting in Salt Lake City since 1977.
- Arizona State has forced nine opponent turnovers in its past two games, including four interceptions last week against Oregon State.
- The Sun Devils defense leads the nation in 3rd down efficiency, allowing opponents to convert on only 24.2 percent of 3rd downs (16-66).
- Utah is trying to avoid starting 0-3 in conference games for the first time since 2002 (started 0-4 in MWC).
- Utah has already lost once at home this season. The Utes haven’t lost more than one home game in a season since 2006 (lost two).
- Its trip to Stanford is the inaugural Pac-12 road game for Colorado. The Buffs lost at home last week to Washington State in their conference opener.
- Stanford owns the nation’s longest winning streak at 12. The Cardinal haven’t lost since Oct. 2 last season, to Oregon. Since that date, Colorado is 3-10.
- Colorado has lost 20 consecutive games outside its home state, last winning at Texas Tech in 2007. That's the longest active streak in FBS.
- Stanford is looking for its first 5-0 start since 1951 (9-0). Last season, the Cardinal started 4-0 before losing to Oregon for their only loss of the season.
- Andrew Luck is 24-5 in his career as a starter. The 24 wins is tied with Steve Stenstrom for most in school history.
- This is the first meeting since Stanford beat Colorado 41-37 in 1993. The series is tied 3-3.
- Arizona leads its series with Oregon State 21-12-1, but the Beavers won in Tucson 29-27 last year.
- The Wildcats have lost nine consecutive games against FBS foes. They have lost their past seven conference games.
- UCLA leads its series with Washington State 38-18-1, including a 42-28 victory last year.
- The Cougars recorded their 500th all-time victory last weekend at Colorado.
- The Cougars are averaging 44.5 points per game. Last year, they averaged 19.6 ppg.
- The Cougars are looking for their first 4-1 start since 2003. They haven't won three consecutive road games since 2006.
- The Pac-12 keeps track of 33 statistical categories every week. UCLA ranks in the top five of the conference in just four: rushing offense, pass defense, sacks against and penalties.
11:32 4th Qtr 13 Arizona State 21 11 Arizona 35 8:45 4th Qtr Stanford 31 8 UCLA 10