Pac-10 lunch links: Rodgers nursing bum ankle
September, 17, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.
- Rob Gronkowski won't play for Arizona at Iowa due to his back problem, and his status for the season is starting to be an issue. Maybe one day this smart Cat will cure back problems.
- Some say there is safety in numbers, but Arizona State has a number of safeties.
- It's a rugged road ahead for California. Some questions at fullback.
- Oregon is still figuring things out at running back. How will the Ducks respond to mistakes? Speaking of mistakes, the O-line is a work in progress.
- Oregon State kicker Justin Kahut likes to keep things interesting. Should Beavers fans be concerned that Jacquizz Rodgers is resting a sprained ankle?
- Stanford receiver Ryan Whalen wasn't a walkon for long. Stanford's series with cross-town rival San Jose State is on life support.
- Who starts at cornerback for UCLA? Sophomore linebacker Akeem Ayers is an up-and-comer for the Bruins.
- USC has issues at punter, and the answer might be a surprising one. Taylor Mays isn't second-guessing his decision to return for his senior season.
- Washington defensive coordinator Nick Holt talks about USC and his defense.
- More on why Washington State receiver Jeshua Anderson quick football to concentrate on track.
2:00 PM ET Hawaii Colorado 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 6:00 PM ET Georgia State Washington 10:00 PM ET California Arizona 10:30 PM ET 2 Oregon Washington State 10:30 PM ET San Diego State Oregon State