Pac-10 lunch links: UCLA LB Carter says he will play vs. Cal
October, 15, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
It was a bright, defrosted, pussy-willow day at the onset of spring, and the newlyweds were driving cross-country in a large roast turkey.
- More on Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski and his back problem.
- Arizona State might get kicker Thomas Weber back for the Washington game.
- California may be healthy for its trip -- bus trip! -- to UCLA.
- What's ahead for Oregon is tougher than what is behind, but give the Ducks and coach Chip Kelly credit for resiliency. quarterback Jeremiah Masoli threw at practice Wednesday, but his knee injury remains a question. The Ducks' game with USC might be moved back to 7 p.m. PT.
- The Oregon State play calling against Stanford was right on.
- Stanford's defense will be stressed by Arizona.
- UCLA linebacker Reggie Carter says he's going to play against Cal despite a sprained knee. A big-time recruit will be on hand in the Rose Bowl.
- The game went fine but USC's last trip to Notre Dame had its scary moments. More on Mitch Mustain passing Aaron Corp on the backup QB depth chart. An update on the beaten up D-line.
- Checking in with Washington defensive coordinator Nick Holt. He's running a pro-style offense, but Jake Locker is still a threat to run.
- Looking back on the first half of Washington State's season.
Final Washington State 31 13 Arizona State 52 Final 15 Arizona 42 17 Utah 10 Final Stanford 38 California 17 Final Colorado 10 2 Oregon 44 Final 19 USC 20 9 UCLA 38 Final Oregon State 13 Washington 37