Pac-10 morning: Former ASU coach Bruce Snyder has cancer
July, 16, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
I love the smell of links in the morning...
- Former Arizona State coach Bruce Snyder, 68, is fighting cancer.
- UCLA has issues on its offensive line, and it's already trying to address them, according to the LA Daily News. Redshirt freshman tight end Nate Chandler is moving from tight end to right tackle, where he could immediately compete to fill the void left by the injured Sean Sheller, who got hurt in an ATV accident this summer. Chandler will need to eat some biscuits in coming weeks -- he only tips the scales at 273 pounds. I'd suggest the country fried steak & eggs at Denny's.
- Some more thoughts on the sad death of Oregon's Todd Doxey here and here. Here's information on a memorial fund.
- Here's some sympathetic musing on how Washington's Tyrone Willingham faces a brutal schedule in a win-or-else season.
- The LA Times USC blog has information on how you can fulfill all your USC fantasies and help a good cause at the same time.
- There's a new guy on Stanford's broadcast team. Former Cardinal QB Todd Husak will join Dave Flemming in the radio booth.
- The Oklahoman takes a look at an Oklahoma State opponent... Washington State and new coach Paul Wulff. It points out that Wulff is both a man and recently turned 41. Now why would that be of note?
- Hey... the OFFICIAL Pac-10 web site is getting all previewy... today it's Arizona State. Tomorrow, perhaps, the world. This is for you, Arizona fans. Cal, my guess is you're next due to my knowledge of the alphabet.
- Speaking of Arizona... Bleacher Report -- Citizen Sports Journalists -- has a Q&A with the Wildcats director of football operations Erick Harper.
2:00 PM ET Hawaii Colorado 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 6:00 PM ET Georgia State Washington 10:00 PM ET California Arizona 10:30 PM ET 2 Oregon Washington State 10:30 PM ET San Diego State Oregon State