Pac-12 links: Newcomers make impressions
August, 10, 2012
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
- Arizona got a commitment from a running back. Nice NFL debut for former quarterback Nick Foles.
- Arizona State may get some help on the defensive line from a true freshman, and they may need him based on this practice notebook.
- C.J. Anderson is stepping up at running back for California. Some early Bears impressions.
- The Colorado quarterback competition is a wide-open, three-man race. This talented freshman corner is trying to get past a bad run on Twitter.
- Previewing the Oregon running backs. This juco transfer looks ready to help the Ducks' O-line right now.
- Oregon State backup quarterback Cody Vaz is pushing for playing time. A Beavers defensive lineman is juicing.
- This Stanford quarterback is back from his mission. The freshmen make an early impression.
- It seems like UCLA's players are warming up to new coach Jim Mora. More on the minor Mora controversy. The Bruins are thin on the O-line.
- Good news for USC: Wide receiver Robert Woods is looking and feeling good. So far, so good with Penn State transfer Silas Redd.
- The running backs and defense looked good during Utah's scrimmage. Some scrimmage highlights.
- Washington is saddened by Deontae Cooper's latest knee injury. The Huskies need to protect quarterback Keith Price (and there's some bad news with a DE).
- Day 8 was frustrating for Washington State, but they hope for things to turn great as frustrations abate. Three questions with Christian Caple.
- Yours truly chats about every Pac-12 team with the gents at Solid Verbal.
- Inside stuff from Pac-12 coaches talking about each other.
- Another look at the Pac-12 Networks, which launches Aug. 15.
- Jon Wilner's preseason Top 25 vote for the AP poll, which has been known to be quirky.
Final Hawaii 12 Colorado 21 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Georgia State 14 Washington 45 Final California 45 Arizona 49 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final San Diego State 7 Oregon State 28