Pac-12 links: Newcomers make impressions
August, 10, 2012
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
- Arizona got a commitment from a running back. Nice NFL debut for former quarterback Nick Foles.
- Arizona State may get some help on the defensive line from a true freshman, and they may need him based on this practice notebook.
- C.J. Anderson is stepping up at running back for California. Some early Bears impressions.
- The Colorado quarterback competition is a wide-open, three-man race. This talented freshman corner is trying to get past a bad run on Twitter.
- Previewing the Oregon running backs. This juco transfer looks ready to help the Ducks' O-line right now.
- Oregon State backup quarterback Cody Vaz is pushing for playing time. A Beavers defensive lineman is juicing.
- This Stanford quarterback is back from his mission. The freshmen make an early impression.
- It seems like UCLA's players are warming up to new coach Jim Mora. More on the minor Mora controversy. The Bruins are thin on the O-line.
- Good news for USC: Wide receiver Robert Woods is looking and feeling good. So far, so good with Penn State transfer Silas Redd.
- The running backs and defense looked good during Utah's scrimmage. Some scrimmage highlights.
- Washington is saddened by Deontae Cooper's latest knee injury. The Huskies need to protect quarterback Keith Price (and there's some bad news with a DE).
- Day 8 was frustrating for Washington State, but they hope for things to turn great as frustrations abate. Three questions with Christian Caple.
- Yours truly chats about every Pac-12 team with the gents at Solid Verbal.
- Inside stuff from Pac-12 coaches talking about each other.
- Another look at the Pac-12 Networks, which launches Aug. 15.
- Jon Wilner's preseason Top 25 vote for the AP poll, which has been known to be quirky.