Lunch links: Bennett not ready to transfer
August, 29, 2012
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
"What's new?" is an interesting and broadening eternal question, but one which, if pursued exclusively, results only in an endless parade of trivia and fashion, the silt of tomorrow. I would like, instead, to be concerned with the question "What is best?," a question which cuts deeply rather than broadly, a question whose answers tend to move the silt downstream.
- Arizona's coaching staff had humble beginnings. Safety Adam Hall is back with the Wildcats.
- Might Arizona State coach Todd Graham change the Phoenix market place?
- California's renovated stadium looks great, but LB Cecil Whiteside isn't going to play in it this year. The Bears say they are ready for Nevada's pistol offense.
- While Colorado QB Jordan Webb just transferred from Kansas, he will have plenty of responsibility at the line of scrimmage.
- Oregon backup QB Bryan Bennett has decided not to transfer at this point.
- Oregon State will be down a receiver and starting safety in the opener.
- Stanford QB Josh Nunes seems like a good fit, post-Andrew Luck.
- UCLA is hoping its new offense is more consistent than its old one.
- Max Wittek will back up Mat Barkley at USC.
- Utah QB Jordan Wynn looks to regain his early-career magic.
- Jerry Brewer believes Washington is on the right track.
- Washington State OT John Fullington is full of hope for the Cougs season.