Pac-12 lunch links: Beavers thinking big
September, 24, 2012
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest. I mean, I've read books like "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and "Love in the Time of Cholera," and I think I've understood them. They're about girls, right? Just kidding. But I have to say my all-time favorite book is Johnny Cash's autobiography "Cash" by Johnny Cash.
- Arizona's 49-0 loss at Oregon was embarrassing but not damaging to the big picture. The Wildcats do need to solve their red zone issues.
- It's been a long -- LOOONG -- time since Arizona State won at California.
- Grading California, and it isn't particularly pretty.
- Colorado turns its attention to UCLA, and a tight end with a familiar last name.
- Oregon is getting defensive. A Ducks notebook in which Chip Kelly gushes about how much he cares about the national polls. Or I might be exaggerating.
- Oregon State is starting to think big. And poll voters are noticing the Beavers.
- Is Stanford QB Josh Nunes a poor man's Andrew Luck?
- A review of UCLA's loss to Oregon State. Jim Mora talks about the game.
- USC coach Lane Kiffin reviews the win over California. Some personnel notes.
- Utah tries to regroup after a bad trip to Arizona State.
- Stanford presents a physical challenge for Washington.
- Is Washington State done with winning this year? It appears QB Connor Halliday will start again against Oregon.
- Jon Wilner breaks down DirectTV's hardball plays with the Pac-12 Network.
0:34 1st Qtr Fresno State 0 15 USC 21 10:30 PM ET 25 Washington Hawaii 10:30 PM ET South Dakota 3 Oregon Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final Portland State 14 Oregon State 29 Final UC Davis 0 11 Stanford 45
Final Idaho State 14 Utah 56 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38 Final Weber State 14 19 Arizona State 45