Afternoon links: And Cal's QB is...
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Friday, Friday, Friday. How we love thee!
- Arizona is the latest program to want a stadium upgrade.
- And California's starting quarterback is... Kevin Riley... or Nate Longshore. It's a game day decision. It's a mystery!
- Quarterback Jeremiah Masoli came to Oregon to play in big games. Well, welcome to LA Coliseum, home of USC. If Masoli wins this one, Justin Roper might not get his job back.
- The Day After Oregon State let one get away at Utah, thereby leaving the Pac-10 at 1-6 against the Mountain West Conference, a number you figure to hear a few more times this season.
- Another week, another backup quarterback for USC. This appears to be the Trojans most competitive position.
- New Washington athletic director Scott Woodward restates his preference to wait until the end of the season to decide Tyrone Willingham's status. As he told the Tacoma News Tribune:
"I'm not in any way going to say everything's ruled out," Woodward said Wednesday. "But it's not my inclination to make a midseason change. I don't like to do that. We're going to do everything we can to help Coach Willingham get this team back on track. And I'm not any happier than I was last week; in fact, I'm less happy. But I know Coach Willingham is the same way and the team is the same way."
- Washington State just can't catch a break ... more injury issues as the Cougars head to UCLA.
Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final Portland State 14 Oregon State 29 Final UC Davis 0 11 Stanford 45 Final Fresno State 13 15 USC 52 Final 25 Washington 17 Hawaii 16 Final South Dakota 13 3 Oregon 62
Final Idaho State 14 Utah 56 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38 Final Weber State 14 19 Arizona State 45