Lunch links: Sonny days ahead for Cal
December, 6, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.
- An emotional Dan Buckner reflects on his Arizona career.
- Strong year for Arizona State running back Marion Grice. The Sun Devils picked up a hard-hitting safety commit from SoCal.
- Cal went out and got itself a coach.
- It's a no-go for Butch Jones at Colorado. Probably a good thing since he was already feeling the heat from the Colorado media.
- Oregon lagging behind Kansas State in Fiesta Bowl ticket sales.
- The Beavers are hitting the recruiting trail hard during the bowl season.
- The AP's Antonio Gonzalez asks if Stanford is becoming a football superpower.
- More non-news about Jim Mora not leaving UCLA.
- Abe Markowitz will have to return to USC as a walk-on because of scholarship reductions.
- Utah is in the mix for highly sought-after linebacker.
- Who was Washington's Offensive Player of the Year? (I voted for Bishop Sankey, and a lot of other people did too).
- This posted a couple of days ago, but with plenty of shopping left, here are some nice (and naughty) Cougar-themed holiday presents.