Pac-12 morning links
August, 13, 2014
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Answer. That you are here -- that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
- There is nothing better than lighting a fire under potentially aggrieved fans, and our friends at the Arizona Republic have done just that: They lightly tapped the mic -- Is this thing on? -- and then asked CAN YOU BELIEVE USA TODAY RANKED ARIZONA 21 SPOTS AHEAD OF YOUR ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS! Beware @PaulMyerberg, the Sun Devils may be a bit displeased.
- It's a tired refrain every preseason: THIS WAS THE BEST OFFSEASON EVER IN THE WEIGHT ROOM! (We will now retire the ALL-CAPS!). But Cal is insisting that's a stone-cold reality and they have numbers to support that assertion. Also, this video is pretty cool, "The Grind," even if you aren't Cal fan.
- Colorado CB Yuri Wright is still trying to live up to his recruiting ranking.
- Here's a breakdown of Oregon's special teams. At this moment, we'd like to ask Oregon fans if any field goal attempts over the past three seasons stand out?
- Linebacker is Oregon State's deepest position.
- One of the valid what-ifs with Stanford in 2013 was "What if the tight end play didn't disappear?" That void left the Cardinal with little to no intermediate passing game. This guy might change that this year.
- UCLA QB Brett Hundley and his eclectic crew of receivers need to be of one mind.
- Utah coach Kyle Whittingham wasn't thrilled with the QB play in the Utes first scrimmage.
- Washington State may get some immediate help in its secondary.
3:30 PM ET 13 Arizona State 11 Arizona 3:30 PM ET Stanford 8 UCLA