Pac-10 links: Good news for the Beavers
December, 22, 2008
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
When you roast your chestnuts on an open fire, make sure you poke them with a fork beforehand. You have been warned.
- The "best of" from Arizona's successful trip to Las Vegas -- how many folks get to say that? And will the win over BYU give the Wildcats momentum heading into 2009? And -- lookee here! -- some props for coach Mike Stoops.
- California is expecting big things from a receiving corps that didn't break through this season. Still no word on who will start at quarterback for the Bears in the Emerald Bowl, but Kevin Riley says he's ready to retake the spot next fall.
- It's not impossible, says Oregon coach Mike Bellotti, that the Holiday Bowl will be his last game as the Ducks head coach.
- Oregon State got some good news at tailback over the weekend -- but not that GOOD news.
- It appears USC has a new quarterbacks coach. The forgotten Marc Tyler is moving up.
- John Boyle, one of a group of rogue journalists who forced me to stay at "The Coug" until closing before the Apple Cup, chats with new Washington coach Steve Sarkisian and comes away impressed.