Pac-10 lunch links: UCLA QB Brehaut gets first-team reps
August, 13, 2010
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
You see, Jason was my son, and today is his birthday.
- Arizona coach Mike Stoops tightens the screws at preseason camp. Some post-practice video with Stoops.
- Arizona State receiver Kerry Taylor needs to step up his senior year. Former Sun Devil Mike Nixon is fighting for a spot with the San Diego Chargers.
- Just like most places, there are a lot of red jerseys on the sidelines for California. DE Cameron Jordan is ready for his breakthrough.
- Oregon receiver Jeff Maehl is ready for his close-up. The Ducks have a competition at kicker. A practice report.
- Rub-a-dub-dub, a Beaver got hurt in the tub: Backup running back Jovan Stevenson hurt his shoulder getting out of the cold tub. Wide receiver James Rodgers is a true student-athlete.
- Checking in with Stanford safety Michael Thomas.
- With UCLA quarterback Kevin Prince hurting, backup Richard Brehaut can show his stuff. Injured defensive end Datone Jones still wants to play this season.
- Worries about depth mean USC will be hitting less. New athletic director Pat Haden supports Lane Kiffin. Defensive end Nick Perry is out two to four weeks with a sprained ankle.
- Victor Aiyewa makes his push to be Washington's starting strongside linebacker. Huskies walk-ons get scholarships. There's good speed at linebacker.
- Washington State's top two running backs are coming back from injuries. The "Paul Wulff is buff" mystery is solved as well as a hard-hitting look at celebrities in Cougar gear (I spit coffee on my keyboard after seeing the Lindsay Lohan one).
- The Bay Area teams -- California and Stanford -- are the only two Pac-10 programs that restrict media access from practices. Jon Wilner's column on the matter gets a "ditto" from me.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/pac12