Some afternoon links: Pac-10 hits SEC recruiting country
April, 16, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
These links will get you to Friday.
- Stanford recruiting has Georgia on its mind, hooking a touted receiver. Is this a trend? Not to be outdone, Pete Carroll is trying to get his claws into a big-time defensive end from the state. Wonder if the Atlanta Journal-Constitution will run a correction because Carroll is the coach at USC and there is no school called Southern Cal, at least according to the institution the paper is apparently trying to reference?
- Arizona coach Mike Stoops has officially wrapped up spring practices.
- Arizona State's spring football prospectus has been released. And, to honor the memory of former Sun Devils coach Bruce Snyder, FOX Sports Arizona will replay the 1996 Arizona State-Nebraska football game Thursday at 7:30 p.m. The three-hour telecast will include some of Snyder's former ASU players talking about their coach, who passed away this week at the age of 69 after being diagnosed with cancer last June.
- California isn't holding an official spring game, but its final scrimmage Saturday is open to the public.
- New Oregon coach Chip Kelly will be a guest on a Pac-10-centric "College Football Live" on ESPN on April 23 (5 p.m., PDT). He also will be on ESPN's "Jim Rome is Burning" on Monday.
- Meet Oregon State's quarterback of the future.
- An amusing Q&A with UCLA linebacker Kyle Bosworth.
- The future looks bright for USC at offensive tackle.
- More on moving the Apple Cup to Seattle's Qwest Field.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/pac12